Roush TVS 4.6 3v 2009-2010 supplemental alternator bracket

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
So here is my dilemma….

I have a 05 Mustang equipped with the Roush TVS supercharger. I recently upgraded my Alternator from the old 6G to the Denso. With that brings the requirement for Roush’s 2009-2010 rear alternator bracket p/n R07020056, (see PDF attached). I called Roush and per their BOM system, that bracket is only available in a M90 Hardware kit sku p/n 13096066m90hkd-aa @$130ish… Which comes with a ton of extra M-90 parts like pulleys the front FEAD brackets etc… Have any of you 05-08 guys running the Roush TVS blower upgrade your alternator to the new Denso style?? If so, what did you do about the rear bracket???

I know some folks are saying just run it without - I do not want to run this without that stabilizer bracket, so I’ll either make one or purchase that kit…

-Adam

Attachments

• ROUSH-TVS-single-belt-2005-09_Phase-1-2 page80-81.pdf
    744.5 KB · Views: 9

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I can make you that in a few minutes. Is the alt on the car? take a piece of cardboard and get the pattern off of the alternator. Either mark it up with dims or scan it with a careful 1" line w/end marks on there so I can scale. Then get me a measurement from the hole on the manifold to the holes in the alt - front to rear and height - I will ask you questions if I don't have what I need. I will then send you a template to print out 1:1, that you can bend and test. There will be slots in the bracket so it will have some allowance.

Also, call VMP tuning and tell them what you need. I bet they have one laying around.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I can make you that in a few minutes. Is the alt on the car? take a piece of cardboard and get the pattern off of the alternator. Either mark it up with dims or scan it with a careful 1" line w/end marks on there so I can scale. Then get me a measurement from the hole on the manifold to the holes in the alt - front to rear and height - I will ask you questions if I don't have what I need. I will then send you a template to print out 1:1, that you can bend and test. There will be slots in the bracket so it will have some allowance.

Also, call VMP tuning and tell them what you need. I bet they have one laying around.

eighty6gt - Thanks for the offered help. Yeah I don't think the bracket would be all that hard to make but I'd like it too look OEM. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

I did reach out to VMP and JDM both said buy the kit offered by Roush. My only concern is this kit is for the M90, I wonder why they don't offer one for the TVS?? make no sense.

Image below is what the Kit includes... I only need items 49, 51, & 52. I suppose I could E-bay the rest...

M90 hdwr kit.JPG

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
.. It would be cut on a laser and bent on a press brake. It looks like you might need a stand off.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I ran mine without it, never had an issue. I had it but it was too difficult to get into place if I recall correctly.

As far as wanting it to look 'OEM', just make something and spray it with some black paint. It will be as OEM as any other bracket on the car. Or pay out the ass for a piece of bent, spray painted metal from Roush.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
.. It would be cut on a laser and bent on a press brake. It looks like you might need a stand off.

eighty6gt,
I designed my own bracket. I am going to test fit a template of it tomorrow. If all goes well I'll need your help to cut one out. I can provide a Pro-e/Creo 3D sheet-metal file or a DXF.

Vallee_tvs_alt_bkt.png

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work - just send me the bent up solid, and include a generic file along with, ie: sat. My clients don't even know to slot holes.

Last edited:

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work - just send me the bent up solid, and include a generic file along with, ie: sat. My clients don't even know to slot holes.

eighty6gt - Files have been sent,

Here is the design I ended up with, I think its going to work great.

bracket asm3.JPG

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
should be able to get it on the laser today or tonight. Here is where I'm figuring out the actual bend radius so I can send it to my brake simulation/operation software. development.png

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
sometimes it's like moving mountains to get something in the midst of production!

Roush Bracket v1.png

laser bracj.PNG

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
IMG_20180320_133559.jpg

$400/ea for these prototypes, production I can do them for about $.40

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I understand and respect how prototyping goes, I have thousands of dollars in one-off pulleys I designed and had made. But the roush kit is 130... not sure I'd be ready for 400...

We'd need to verify fitment and then do a group buy... for 40 each...

Adam

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Of course I was joking, these are easy. I would be very happy to be paid for shipping! :D

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Awful nice for something that won't ever be seen. Still not seeing why it wasn't done a week ago using a bench vise, a scrap of metal, a hammer and a grinder. Could have made one in less than an hour including painting it.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
these will be made in about 1 minute total...

I would have made them out of stainless but I didn't have any around. Next time.

I enjoy doing stuff like this as it helps hone my manufacturability and development speed and skills. Knowing I can knock out a one off in less than an hour of my free time. If I didn't try a bunch of things I'd still be back in the stone ages smashing stuff with hammers and cutting up angle iron. When things get more complex it all pays off... will be starting work on my catch can shortly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back