S550 1" wheel spacers. Who's with me?

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
So I love the wheels that I got on my S550. I have no intentions of replacing them, but they do tuck more than I like. I know people have used the mustangwheelspacers, that include extended studs, but their wesite doesn't appear to work.

Plan is to lower my car with either BMR Performance or Steeda Sport springs later this year.

Alot of guys over on mustang6g are using the american muscle 1" billet hubcentric spacers, and it looks great.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/1in-billet-aluminum-wheel-spacers-2015.html

Opinions? Comments? Suggestions?

Pics below were stolen from "Branman" on 6g:
BEFORE

AFTER

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I ran spacers before and HATED them. The vibration was obnoxious and I had the wheels balanced a bazillion times trying to rid the car of it. Took off the spacers and all was well.

Just my experience. I'm sure there are a ton of people that didn't have any issues.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I ran spacers before and HATED them. The vibration was obnoxious and I had the wheels balanced a bazillion times trying to rid the car of it. Took off the spacers and all was well.

Just my experience. I'm sure there are a ton of people that didn't have any issues.

I've heard people complain of this same issue, when the spacer were NOT hubcentric. I think a properly fitting hubcentric spacer should run with no issues.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
American Muscle is on back order 4-6 weeks. We will see what I decide between then and now

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are other companies that sell hub centric wheel spacers if you don't want to wait. Looks better with them spaced out.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
I never realized how badly the car needs those spacers,until this photo...

Looks,great with them.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I would be worries that the lugs aren't long enough to swallow a 1" spacer safely. That is a LOT of spacer.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I ran 1" bolt on Eibach spacers on my 07 for quite a while. No issues. I say go for it!

And yes, that lowered S550 with stock PP wheels looks really bad without those spacers. Maybe someday Ford will get it right with their factory wheel offsets.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I would be worries that the lugs aren't long enough to swallow a 1" spacer safely. That is a LOT of spacer.

They are bolt on spacers, and no Darren I'm not sure. I need to get my exhaust ordered then spacers.

If anyone has a link to hub centric billet bolt on spacer, let me know.

Last edited:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Spacers are on their way. Should have time to install them over Labor Day wknd. Can't wait to check it out.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The eibach hubcentric spacers come in 5mm.....then 20/25/30/35 mm bolt on types. The pn's are listed as front... and then different pn's for rear, for all 5 sizes.

The 25 + 35mm eibach hubcentric spacers that am sells are listed as rear only..so don't use em on the front.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back