Saleen SC folks - new waterpump pulley?

Burke

Reaction score
Hey fellas

bare with me here, as before the S197 came into my life, I knew nothing about working on my own cars :hammer:

Anyway, I just recently replaced the saleen plastic idler pulley with the stock oem metal one and changed my belt to the gates 108 - I am running the 3.6 pulley.

I saw this at Brenspeed
f7uz8509aa.jpg

and remembered seeing (I think) some folks online talking about swapping out their waterpump pulley.... and wondered if this was what they did.

anyone here with a series VI running a different wp pulley wanna chime in, that would be great. Thanks!!

DAVE

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Ford V10 pulley in the pic to me.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
I run that pulley from brenspeed. It definatly makes the belt a little tighter. Didn't really notice much, for the price what the hell right?

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Dave I am putting on this pully next week...... PM me later I can tell you more about it.

gloryboy

Reaction score
Hey Dave......i've been running the v10 pulley for about a year now. The larger wp pulley causes the belt to wrap the sc pulley a little more. Helps prevent belt slip. With a 3.6 pulley you're prob fine with the stock wp pulley, but if you drop to a smaller sc pulley you may want to throw this on........

dly

forum member
Reaction score
Dave I am putting on this pully next week...... PM me later I can tell you more about it.

Tom you don't need that pulley on a Vortech SC. They use those on Saleen's SC. :leghump:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does this larger pulley reduce the volume of waterflow from the waterpump?

I would expect it to slow down the waterpump and that might cause issues in hot climates....

Just curious.

Mike

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Does this larger pulley reduce the volume of waterflow from the waterpump?

I would expect it to slow down the waterpump and that might cause issues in hot climates....

Just curious.

Mike
Yes it does. However, the V10 W/P pulley still has a larger O/D than the Steeda underdrive W/P pulley. That combined with the OEM diameter C/S pulley yields a faster water pump RPM than the Steeda underdrive pulleys. No cooling system issues with the V10 W/P pulley.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Yes it does. However, the V10 W/P pulley still has a larger O/D than the Steeda underdrive W/P pulley. That combined with the OEM diameter C/S pulley yields a faster water pump RPM than the Steeda underdrive pulleys. No cooling system issues with the V10 W/P pulley.

That's my understanding too. Hey tmcolegr, off topic but quick question- what psi are you seeing with the 3.0 pulley?

Burke

Reaction score

GREAT - thanks for that bit of info, man

[and I found an old post of yours I had printed out a while back from Mod Fords where you talked about the belt/V10 pulley combo when you first put it on.]

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
I was thinking of running a 3.2 pulley to see around 10, maybe 11psi. But if you're seeing 14 with the 3.0 then the 3.2 should be around 12 I would think.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I was thinking of running a 3.2 pulley to see around 10, maybe 11psi. But if you're seeing 14 with the 3.0 then the 3.2 should be around 12 I would think.

That can depend on some things:
air temps, air density, exhaust configuration, etc. With my wife's car which has a 3.2" pulley I'm seeing max boost of 11.8 psi.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score

I've got 10 psi on a 3.4" pulley. I think you're right about the 3.2 (11.5 psi).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back