Saleen supercharger

Jcg_3v94

Reaction score
I have a saleen super charger on my 07 gt. Biggest issue I’ve had is figuring out what alternator to run since it has to be mounted backwards. All oem alternators make my check charging system light go on and eventually car dies. Are there any alternators i can find that spin counter clockwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Alternators should charge turning either direction,

What pulley is on your replacement alternators??

Saleen used a solid pulley so it would drive CW or CCW,, If you have a OWC [One Way Clutch] pulley it will free wheel in the CCW position [ie, installed backwards] ...

Jcg_3v94

Reaction score
It came with an owc pulley and the alternator before came with a solid pulley. Ive been using alternators from a 2010 mustang due to higher amps

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
If you get a 2010 alternator from an auto you’d get the solid pulley, better design, and more amps.

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
The alternator for a 2010 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission is what you want... That's a Denso unit, and it should have the solid pulley. You may have to make the eyelet a little bigger on the power wire, but that's it.

The Department of Boost alternators are also excellent, slightly upgraded, alternators... When you order just tell Jason (owner) that you need one with a solid pulley for the Saleen application.

http://departmentofboost.com/products/2005_2010_mustang_gt/alternator_upgrade.htm

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jcg_3v94

Reaction score
Thank you guys! Super helpful. I didn’t know that pulleys could make a difference. Ill def get the one from department of boost.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back