"Service AdvanceTrac"

techcargt

forum member
Reaction score
Mr 5 0 - Did you re-install the wheel sensors into the new rims? If not i was told this is the cause of advance trac no longer able to receive a signal from the wheel when using rims w/out the sensors installed. If you reflash (e.g. w/ SCT) the PCM it will disappear. But after driving a short distance and making a few turns, the trac control will try to kick in causing the car to slow down and the ABS to kick in. It lasts a few seconds then the service advance trac message appears in the info display and the car will (should) drive normal again with out any advance trac control. Its embarrassing if there are any cars behind you while making a turn and this happens.

I don't know how the TPMS would affect the advance trac system ,as the advance trac gets it's info from the ABS from the axles . I have had aftermarket wheels and tires on mine for over a year ,and had no problems with anything other than the light coming on to tell me I have "low air pressure" . I just hit the reset button and all is ok. :beerchug2:

SoCal81

Reaction score
I thought this the case also. I switched out rims from 19 to 18 inch with out sensors. After doing so I had this issue. I called a tuner to ask about it and was told it was because i didn't have sensors in the rims. I also thought it was (is?) read same as ABS as this makes the most sense. But with all the electronics on cars now and the odd ways some auto manufacture put things together I dont know anymore. Is there anyone that KNOWS for sure its ABS read or sensor? If NOT sensor any ideas why I would have issues? I dropped a rim size 19 to 18. Stock 255/40/19 to 255/45/18 has the same RPMs so i dont think this is the issue.

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
Im planning on doing a custom muffler delete, do you all think I will have an issue with the Advanced Track Sensors?

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Was just driving home and the TC light and service advance track lit up. 5 minutes later it went off. Stock wheels and tires. Hasn't done it since.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I don't use TPMS valves and I never have issues with my advancetrac. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Overtorqued

Reaction score
If you get this 'service AdvanceTrac' fault, what does it do to the operation of the system? Is it completely disabled? Is there a plug you can pull to just disable the system so you don't have to do it manually all the time?

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Correct
If you get this 'service AdvanceTrac' fault, what does it do to the operation of the system? Is it completely disabled? Is there a plug you can pull to just disable the system so you don't have to do it manually all the time?
It was like having it off completely, could blow the tires off if I tried.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back