shaker 500 head unit swap

topbliss

Reaction score
hi, My father in laws 08 GT's shaker 500 head unit took a dump. The cd's jammed or something. He took it to a ford dealer and they wanted $500 for the radio and $300 to swap out and reprogram. I told him bullshit, don't do it. I found and bought a new head unit on ebay for $250 for on 08 coupe and looked on youtube to see its easy to swap out. Is there any programming involved for an exact same head unit swap out or not? Thanks!

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

topbliss

Reaction score
Thanks but that's not what I asked. I already have another new OEM radio and I asked about possible programming. Thanks anyway for the idea, the Poineer looks niceeee

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Deleted... didn't read that new radio was OEM. Can't add anything as I don't know.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks but that's not what I asked. I already have another new OEM radio and I asked about possible programming. Thanks anyway for the idea, the Poineer looks niceeee

No programming needed.

I have a 05 Shaker 500 HU in my garage...you could have had it for free.

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you please post back when you're done and let us know for sure about the programming...in particular the Sirius ID, if he's a subscriber?

I have a replacement head unit that I haven't put in yet, and I'm wondering if it's going to show up with a different Electronic Serial Number, or whatever they use to identify the radio to Sirius.

topbliss

Reaction score
Can you please post back when you're done and let us know for sure about the programming...in particular the Sirius ID, if he's a subscriber?

I have a replacement head unit that I haven't put in yet, and I'm wondering if it's going to show up with a different Electronic Serial Number, or whatever they use to identify the radio to Sirius.

Good question. He does not have sirius..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back