Signature Protection?

StangBang

Roushcharged
Reaction score
My searches came back with nothing so I apologize if this has come up before...

I recently got my dash signed by Mr. Jack Roush and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on what to put over it that will protect the signature from fading or coming off. (it is in silver sharpie)

I am trying to find something that is obviously clear but won't leave a a shine after it is applied or eat at the sharpie over time either.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Probably can get a matte clear coat on it somewhere... I wouldn't think it would be crazy expensive.

mwall787

forum member
Reaction score
Another thought other than clearcoat (which can lift a sharpie marker if not careful) Shelby signed my radiator cover on my 95, and I covered it with a piece of the 3m invisible bra material. I would think you could wrap part of your dash in that and it would be almost...well...invisible.

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
I would leave it alone, my dash is signed by CS and it's been good to go for 3+ years in this FL sun. Just don't spray chemicals on it just a light wipe with microfiber towel and it will be good to. Some guys who tried the clear with the sharpie made the sharpie run and ruining the sig.

StangBang

Roushcharged
Reaction score
I would leave it alone, my dash is signed by CS and it's been good to go for 3+ years in this FL sun. Just don't spray chemicals on it just a light wipe with microfiber towel and it will be good to. Some guys who tried the clear with the sharpie made the sharpie run and ruining the sig.

If it has lasted you that long I might just leave it alone, thanks for the input!

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
In the future use a paint pen then clearcoat.

All Paint baby~~

DSC_0022-1-1.jpg

Sharpie....do nothing but very gentle wipes with a microtowel for dust.
It should last a long time.

Thats what I do and have had no issues...as He signed my extreme with a sharpie...
2010-11-11062550.jpg

I was worried about the heat under the hood where he signed the supercharger....
but I dont sweat it anymore as there is pretty much nothing I can do.....so far so good:

2010-11-11083123.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back