So my friend with a 2010 Z06 challenged me...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think it will be a drivers race.

OP, use good gas and gap your HT0 plugs .035. Is this an 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile race?

jcwatson.doc

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in the results of this!

A solid axle car will always leave harder than an independent rear car. It's physically impossible for a Vettes rear end to plant both tires at the same time. Independents just don't work like that.

However, even with that working against him, he has the tire and the horsepower to make up for a shitty 60'.

But so do you. Give 'em hell!

I got my money on the Mustang with the giggle gas!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I think it will be a drivers race.

OP, use good gas and gap your HT0 plugs .035. Is this an 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile race?

1/4mi at Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

Will definitely be running straight VP100. :D

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Well that looked like the guys IRS in the vid I posted hooked pretty damn nice (1.59 60') with the drag radials and the NT05's are practically drag radials or for sure better than stock right? I am definitely looking forward to the results as well though! Can't forget this z06 weighs like 3170 and our aerodynamics are terrible compared to it and the power will be similar

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Man, this is going to be close. PLEASE GET VIDEO. If he can drive they should be deep into the 10s. You should also be deep into the 10s with your giggle gas. :)

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Well that looked like the guys IRS in the vid I posted hooked pretty damn nice (1.59 60') with the drag radials and the NT05's are practically drag radials or for sure better than stock right? I am definitely looking forward to the results as well though! Can't forget this z06 weighs like 3170 and our aerodynamics are terrible compared to it and the power will be similar

Vettes actually hook really well if launched properly, but because of the IRS its extremely tricky. I've seen them chatter themselves to peices (not unlike Terminators). Again, my caveat remains that since it was mentioned that he has never tracked his car, getting it right on the first go around is slim at best. All things equal, should be a drivers race.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
still need to buy some plugs... looks like brisk rr14s's it is. These can just use a standard plug gapping tool right? I'd assume .035 do just fine for a 125 shot?

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? From a dig the 5.0 will win for sure with a 150 shot...

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Vettes actually hook really well if launched properly, but because of the IRS its extremely tricky. I've seen them chatter themselves to peices (not unlike Terminators). Again, my caveat remains that since it was mentioned that he has never tracked his car, getting it right on the first go around is slim at best. All things equal, should be a drivers race.
Yea man if the Z wheel hops too much his rear is done. I wouldn't know how to launch one myself but I want one and I will figure it out then lol.
Are you guys serious? From a dig the 5.0 will win for sure with a 150 shot...

We will surely see! I think the z06 is faster for sure (not busting OP's balls) but like we've all been saying just depends on how the driving goes. I say they should also do 40 roll :rock:

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
Like you said they can't launch too high...He can do a 12.1 pass NA...He's going to add a 125 shot of nitrous...He should be able to do 10.6-10.8 and that ZO6 will probably do 11. The guy iin the ZO6 has never tracked it before so he's gonna probably screw up anyway LMAO

I've seen these 5.0 KILL everything on the street... ZO6's, Vipers, built vettes w/nitrous...you name it. Don't under estimate our 5.0's!!

If he can repeat that 12 second pass + nitrous...he will win!!!

Last edited:

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score

Hope he cant drive lol. This guy in the video obviously can

That was taken in winter and at who knows what altitude...that's unreal anyway...He could've had anything under that hood. We just don't know.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
still need to buy some plugs... looks like brisk rr14s's it is. These can just use a standard plug gapping tool right? I'd assume .035 do just fine for a 125 shot?

Probably- what is stock gap on the 5.0?

Are you going to modify your existing tune or get a specific nitrous tune?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Probably- what is stock gap on the 5.0?

Are you going to modify your existing tune or get a specific nitrous tune?

I have a seperate nitrous tune already. Been hearing the brisk rr14s is the way to go.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
challenge-accepted.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back