first bitches.

HPI RS4-3 102mph (gas)

Ofna LX2E 93mph (electric)

Ofna hyper 7 (gas) 72mph

Ofna Hyper 7 55mph crash into camera

This is the little side hobby that keeps me sane :clap:

topbliss

Reaction score
They must be a bear to drive at those speeds. The steering input be so delicate. Its out of range in a few seconds.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea not easy to keep straight gotta stay focused!
Range is no really an issue, I am running the car in the first vid from at least 500ft away passing myself then about 100ft to stop after with a futaba FASST 2.4ghz radio.
When it does go out of range (rarely) or the battery goes low on the car the reciever hits the brakes for me.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's impossible at that speed to not eat it almost every time. Awesome vids. I got my revo to do like 74 and it was a death trap lol.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I've gotten the electric buggy up to 99mph lately.
that's 9.5lbs going 99 mph :roflmao: I can probably just throw the car out if it crashes at that speed.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Charts pretty cool. I've just gotten into RC recently, but into aircraft not cars
I want to build a quad rotor drone to put a camera on.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I played with short course trucks a little bit. They where fun. I can imagine what it's like trying to control those at that kind of speed.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I still have my team associated pan car from when I raced as a kid... I get it out every now and then... they are a blast

I want to find a 05 mustang body for it.

I know they have to make one I've just been out of the loop for so long I wouldn't know where to get one.

This is so bad ass

Zx70820.jpg

Last edited:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
How much does a setup like that run?

It's been years sence I was into them but they are a lot like your car... you can put in as much as you want and more $ means more fun.

I know I had $1500 or so into one of better RC cars.

My car would be like running a stock fox body to a new shelby. lol I think the fastest I had mine running was around 70.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Went out today with the LX2e, new record for me first ever brushless car too! lol

best run was 102mph but I got a vid of a 101mph run^

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I lol'd when it buzzed by. that was fast. I was thinking what it would look like if you clipped one of those rocks at that speed..lol..sweet!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It would look pretty bad I may be able to recover a wheel and the wing lol.

I walk down the whole thing to clean up random rocks before I run It's a 3 mile long fresh paved greenway for bikers/walkers/runners.
I wait till it's clear do my walk and make a few runs, I probably use around 200ft of clear space before and after where I am standing.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I gotta fix my helicopter. I'm into the flying machines. Bad thing there is, you tend to jack shit up more often. I had a Corsair I used to fly that was clocked at 145mph. Then I did a high speed pass at about 80' into a 90° straight up climb. There must of been a crack in the wing spar I hadn't seen on inspection cause that thing just exploded in mid-air about 100' off the ground. I never even found the motor. Just some pieces with servo rods hanging out. LOL!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damn that's nuts! I would love me a nice rc JET, have you seen those things they are nuts! how the hell do you stay in range with them? lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back