some of the ls1 tech guy's opinion of the new 2011!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Who's the fortune teller?

I think your a little naive for actually thinking the '11 is gonna put down 395rwhp...:roflmao:

I agree - the 5.0 Coyote engine is rated at 395 flywheel horsepower - it might see 355 RWHP. Still, its a sweet upgrade compared to the current 4.6L modular engine that will place the Mustang GT nearly on par with the LS2/3.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
the new 6.2 truck motor should be something to watch. the heads flow really well and have monster valves.

and as much as i think love a mustang, ive always thought very highly of the LSx motors. they pwn most mustang motors stock for stock or even modified to modified.

If I recall correctly... Roush is playing with a n/a 800hp 7L version of the new "truck" motor...

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Who's the fortune teller?

I think your a little naive for actually thinking the '11 is gonna put down 395rwhp...:roflmao:

I'm going by the initial dyno testing, not making wild guesses like "it won't make that much power" or "mods won't make much power". NO ONE (including myself) knows yet.

I agree - the 5.0 Coyote engine is rated at 395 flywheel horsepower - it might see 355 RWHP. Still, its a sweet upgrade compared to the current 4.6L modular engine that will place the Mustang GT nearly on par with the LS2/3.

See below. You don't even know what the factory RATES it at, yet you can fortell the future dyno results of said engine...:tdown:

Eh?

It's 412. But I agree, I think around 350-360 is what we're going to be seeing at the wheels for bone stock production cars on accurate dynos.

Time will tell. I don't necessarily disagree, it would just seem the early testing shows promise...:evil:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back