Some pics post Airlift install.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I am still having tank leaking problems......my check valve inside the braided hose went bad and Jeremy sent me a new one....I replaced it and it still is leaking so I have to figure out what next to check.......also my right rear bag is leaking slowly as well....but I am thinking it has to do with the tank leaking down or either the air manifold it self......

Also Wes......how do you have yours wired up??....What kind of ignition source did you use??.....the fuse box or an alternate splice-in location??

I am gonna swap out all the liquid loctite to teflon tape this weekend I think to help prevent leaks. I may have a small tank leak as well, not 100% sure but it seems to be the RF mainly cause I hear it if I air to 100 and the LF slowly goes down it feels like but im not sure haha.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
I am gonna swap out all the liquid loctite to teflon tape this weekend I think to help prevent leaks. I may have a small tank leak as well, not 100% sure but it seems to be the RF mainly cause I hear it if I air to 100 and the LF slowly goes down it feels like but im not sure haha.

Make sure your lines aren't pinched anywhere as well....The right front sounds like the braided line going into the strut or on the other end......I did mine in Teflon tape and had no more problems....I had the same issue when I first installed it...but that was an easy fix.........Did you ever re-wire the ignition source to where your compressor and pilot stay on/come on while car is turned off??......

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Make sure your lines aren't pinched anywhere as well....The right front sounds like the braided line going into the strut or on the other end......I did mine in Teflon tape and had no more problems....I had the same issue when I first installed it...but that was an easy fix.........Did you ever re-wire the ignition source to where your compressor and pilot stay on/come on while car is turned off??......

Yup I did, I used Fuse 40 on my car. Its the powertrain relay (ignition coils) in the manual.

Did you literally hand tighten the front struts, and then use a wrench for 1 3/4 turns?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Do you know what to do to find leaks?
Simply spraying windex out fittings the air will bubble up showing where it leaks.

I just used an add a fuse in the passenger footwell.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Yup I did, I used Fuse 40 on my car. Its the powertrain relay (ignition coils) in the manual.

Did you literally hand tighten the front struts, and then use a wrench for 1 3/4 turns?

Thanks man for the fuse info....I just went and changed mine and it worked.....which is great.....no more draining the battery from the compressor running....

Yes I hand tightend them until I could no longer tighten anymore....once I put the Teflon tape on both ends and then tightend like a mofo...no more leaks...

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Do you know what to do to find leaks?
Simply spraying windex out fittings the air will bubble up showing where it leaks.

I just used an add a fuse in the passenger footwell.

When my front ones were leaking due to the liquid Loctite stuff......I could hear it when I aired up the front ones leaking out......and just jacked the car up and went ahead and re-did both sides of them.....with the Teflon tape and then had no more issues with the fronts......

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
When my front ones were leaking due to the liquid Loctite stuff......I could hear it when I aired up the front ones leaking out......and just jacked the car up and went ahead and re-did both sides of them.....with the Teflon tape and then had no more issues with the fronts......
yea my tank leaked like sieve, every fitting with the liquid stuff leaked so i didnt even attempt using it again, just grabbed a roll of tape and every fitting is fine :)

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
You guys are killing me! I'm pretty jealous. I combated my wheel gap with taller tires, now I want to go lower. Micky how about a cruising height shot! Oh and how tinted are your front windows? Your sig pic makes it look like they aren't at all.

Brakes: If you go with Brembos, skip right past the Brembo pads. They are good for stopping but suck dick for break dust. I just put StopTech slotted rotors front and rear with Hawk Ceramics and the Vossen's stay pretty clean unless it rains.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Houston wont let you put very dark tint on the front windows. Barely can call it tint. 1/4 windows and the back glass you can go as dark as you want, but the fronts are mandated by the City. (maybe the State, not sure)

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
On a budget lol.
You guys are killing me! I'm pretty jealous. I combated my wheel gap with taller tires, now I want to go lower. Micky how about a cruising height shot! Oh and how tinted are your front windows? Your sig pic makes it look like they aren't at all.

Brakes: If you go with Brembos, skip right past the Brembo pads. They are good for stopping but suck dick for break dust. I just put StopTech slotted rotors front and rear with Hawk Ceramics and the Vossen's stay pretty clean unless it rains.
Ill take a cruising height shot soon! I have 35% on this car and 5% everywhere else. Probably gonna go back to 5 all the way around and 35 on the windshield like I did my 07.

Houston wont let you put very dark tint on the front windows. Barely can call it tint. 1/4 windows and the back glass you can go as dark as you want, but the fronts are mandated by the City. (maybe the State, not sure)

Yeah but I say fuck em lol

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You got away with that 35% on the windshield and 5% everywhere else? I can't even drive down the road with a crooked license plate without getting pulled over. haha.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
You got away with that 35% on the windshield and 5% everywhere else? I can't even drive down the road with a crooked license plate without getting pulled over. haha.

Yup lol. Never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea +1 to the digital kit, except the 10 minute setup sitting there as it airs up/down, lol
seems to take forever.

once its done its so awesome just clicking a button and dropped.
went to get mine aligned and couple techs had to watch it raise so that it could get up on the rack and drop back down

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back