spark plug fouling? PICS

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, before yall flame me (which I know this has been covered a shit load) I am unsure of how you know its time to buy new plugs with my setup. Pay attention to how the plugs have alot of deposits and very course to the touch. These plugs has aprx 3000 miles on them and also burnt 14 gallons of 112 leaded race fuel. One step colder than factory BRISK gapped at .28 when installed but now when I checked gap tonight are up to .32-.34 I am trying to chase down my poor idle, stall issues and that was the sole purpose of this exploration. Here is pics.
spark1.JPG
spark2.JPG
spark3.JPG
spark4.JPG
spark5.JPG

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
I've had this issue a long time ago. Diff car and all. Someone told me it was the fuel that was too high and needed an upgrade. no clue tho.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Brisk plugs are junk IMHO.

I would get rid of them, and buy some Autolite HT0's and gap them to .28-.30 and see if that gets rid of the issue.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Brisk plugs are junk IMHO.

I would get rid of them, and buy some Autolite HT0's and gap them to .28-.30 and see if that gets rid of the issue.

I was gonna get the brisk plugs but now you got me wondering. Time for research before I buy.

My options
1. Brisk,
2. HTO 1degree colder (What I have now w/my whipple)
3. HTO's 2 degrees colder.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score

They have a weird electrode in them, that most times fails. I've tried them on my 07 GT, and they were pre-gapped from the vendor, the car ran like ass.

Swapped some HT0's and the car ran beautifully.

It's hit or miss, but most times, miss.

Overpriced junk IMO.

I was gonna get the brisk plugs but now you got me wondering. Time for research before I buy.

My options
1. Brisk,

You will only need 1 step colder, unless you are running big boost applications. Otherwise, the 1 step colder is the best thing to do.

HTO's or bust.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
The Brisk plugs are also made in the Czech republic, and a lot of people had to end up changing the brisks after 5,000-7,000 miles. The HT0's will last at least 10,000 miles.

R7r5

NEEDS MORE BOOST!!!!
Reaction score
Did you try cleaning the throttle body for your stalling problem. Did wonders for me

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the cams are going in the trash when I get some extra cash to waste. Just put my new plugs in and it did help greatly with throttle reponse and it is running smoother now. BTW I can't be the only one with low vacuum cams and a eforce. Damn thing just won't pick idle back up when coming off of decel. Something has to be wrong with my car.

R7r5

NEEDS MORE BOOST!!!!
Reaction score
Also had that problem haha BBR had me re flash the tune and let the car idle for 10 min no AC then 10 min with AC to relearn idle worked great for me but not as well with others

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
They have a weird electrode in them, that most times fails. I've tried them on my 07 GT, and they were pre-gapped from the vendor, the car ran like ass.

Swapped some HT0's and the car ran beautifully.

It's hit or miss, but most times, miss.

Overpriced junk IMO.

You will only need 1 step colder, unless you are running big boost applications. Otherwise, the 1 step colder is the best thing to do.

HTO's or bust.

What would be considered bigger boost... I'm at 12# and running HT0s @ .030 w/60# inj.

Sent from a secure underground Government facility.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Ok, before yall flame me (which I know this has been covered a shit load) I am unsure of how you know its time to buy new plugs with my setup. Pay attention to how the plugs have alot of deposits and very course to the touch. These plugs has aprx 3000 miles on them and also burnt 14 gallons of 112 leaded race fuel. One step colder than factory BRISK gapped at .28 when installed but now when I checked gap tonight are up to .32-.34 I am trying to chase down my poor idle, stall issues and that was the sole purpose of this exploration. Here is pics.
View attachment 27483
View attachment 27484
View attachment 27485
View attachment 27486
View attachment 27487

Leaded gas kills plugs and o2 sensors. Those plugs don't look so good.

My options
1. Brisk,

I've run as much as 17psi with a whipple and HT0 plugs. I couldn't see going down even colder.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Looks like normal plugs with Leaded gas. Get some new plugs and run Unleaded race fuel

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
When are 2 steps colder needed? I was told I had to go 2 steps colder and can't find anyother brands that make them other then Brisk. I run 19lbs of boost and was told the HT0's were not enough.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back