Spark plug gap?

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
So i've been battling this for a while now. car was just recently on the dyno and picked up another 70 rwhp and ran flawlessly on the dyno but when i ran my first pass at the track car was breaking up really bad and shooting blue flames out the headers the car is running 28-29lbs of boost my question is could this be spark blowout the tune is spot on and the car was just completely checked out and runs perfect on the dyno. I just got done installing another set of plugs gapped at .023 i run brisk two stage colder plugs. what the lowest gap you've seen on these motors?

Here's a pic from atco last week of the car breaking up.

Last edited:

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
So i've been battling this for a while now. car was just recently on the dyno and picked up another 70 rwhp and ran flawlessly on the dyno but when i ran my first pass at the track car was breaking up really bad and shooting blue flames out the headers the car is running 28-29lbs of boost my question is could this be spark blowout the tune is spot on and the car was just completely checked out and runs perfect on the dyno. I just got done installing another set of plugs gapped at .023 i run brisk two stage colder plugs. what the lowest gap you've seen on these motors?

Here's a pic from atco last week of the car breaking up.

Hey bro! I'm having the same breaking up, misfiring on my Kenne Bell 5.0, and it runs fine on the dyno, what did you find out?
Thanks in advance!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back