Stand Alone EFI

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death several times over however I haven't been able to find much recently via quick search, only threads that are 10+ years old and obviously a lot has changed since then. So my question is I've been thinking about switching to a stand alone EFI for my 3v, I would love to go with Holley Dominator or similar system, can it be done now without a ton of trouble? I found some misc. harnesses i.e. drive by wire harness, but I cannot put all the pieces of the puzzle together, is there a thread or someone that can point me in the right direction? Not that I dont love LITO tuning my car, I just would like to be able to do it myself, and have more options, as well as less of a PITA to export the data after making a pass. Ideally, someday I will swap to a different motor combo, and would like to use the same ECU, with new harnesses. Or am I dreaming?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
SCT software is cheap compared to a stand alone. Why not learn to tune the stock EFI?

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Dominator is the way to go and is supposedly used friendly.

Bingo!

I saw an ad in FSC Magazine this month for R.A.C.E products Gate-Way https://raceproductsusa.com/ for 2011-2014 Mustang GT that looked really interesting, they basically created a plug n play harness that interfaces with the OEM BCM to allow an aftermarket EFI system to work harmoniously with it, where the gauges and other functions work like normal including power windows, locks, etc. just for kicks I contacted them today and inquired if they ever planned to release a system for 05-10 Mustangs and they said yes! They said it's in the development stages currently, then will go into testing before being released, however once the bugs are worked out it will allow ANY engine (including the oem 3v) to be installed into an 05-10 Mustang using a Holley Dominator or any other EFI system without losing any of the other functions, to me this is HUGE and I cannot wait for it to come out!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
A note of clarification, the Terminator X or Dominator are plug n play, others may be compatible however they may not be simple plug n play,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back