STEALTH FIGHTER Project Thread

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
wow - just fantastic - great example of how to transform a S197 from ordinary to eye catching

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would say that's an extreme DD. Great car and mods.

Thanks man. I certainly didn't intend to take it this far, but I sold my racecar this summer and with cash in hand, I had some impulse control issues. :D

Looks damn good.

Looks sexy subb'd

Very nice car

Looks like my car, but in sterling grey.

Nice work!

Very nice.

Car is beautiful

Thanks a lot guys!

The lines of your car flow absolutely perfect. Something ive failed to nail down.

Your side splitters run perfectly with your front splitter and the color of your car accentuates it all! Nice work!!

Thanks man. Means a lot coming from you. But I'm a little stressed now... I really do feel that the mods I've chosen, including the color combo, work well together... but I ordered a set of Forgelines for the car, and I took a little gamble on the color. I went with "Transparent Smoke" which basically looks like tinted clearcoat over the bare machined faces. I think the wheels themselves look cool as heck, but I'll be interested to hear if you think they match the car, or if they clash. I can be a bit OCD with stuff like that, so I already lined up a powdercoat job to paint the Forgelines the same color as these AMRs, if I don't like the Transparent Smoke. I just don't want to ruin the Stealth look of the car.

Very sweet ride sir!
and you actually drive and enjoy it:omfg:

Thanks man. I've owned dozens of Mustangs, and one thing I've learned is that I can't deal with a race car or a show queen. I fall out of love with the car very quickly if I'm not actually using it.

Great Car, so clean and well done. Das is a pretty extreme DD, kids must love that ride to school.

Thanks. My daughter is always asking me to rev it up in the parent pick up line, and my son always wants me to air it out. :D

Looks great. I can't believe you have enough fuel.

You mean with the fuel pump and injectors I'm using? If so, I'm right at the limit. In fact, I was hoping this blower pulley would be good for 15lbs (I built the motor because I wanted to run 15lbs on pump 93) but I'm glad it's only 13lbs. We're definitely at the limit of this combo. I'll likely upgrade the pump and injectors this spring so I can try a smaller pulley.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally i dont have to hide secrets anymore. Sharad its about fucking time you spilled the beans, lol. Also, thanks for taking the time to talk with me the other day.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
wow - just fantastic - great example of how to transform a S197 from ordinary to eye catching

Thanks man. You reminded me that I never posted pics from when it was stock.

Here's the day I bought it:

And some humorous transformation action:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Finally i dont have to hide secrets anymore. Sharad its about fucking time you spilled the beans, lol. Also, thanks for taking the time to talk with me the other day.

Hahaha! The project is pretty public now, I just hadn't gotten around to posting up details. But thanks for being discreet. And no problem about the phone call the other day. I'm happy to help!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Means a lot coming from you. But I'm a little stressed now... I really do feel that the mods I've chosen, including the color combo, work well together... but I ordered a set of Forgelines for the car, and I took a little gamble on the color. I went with "Transparent Smoke" which basically looks like tinted clearcoat over the bare machined faces. I think the wheels themselves look cool as heck, but I'll be interested to hear if you think they match the car, or if they clash. I can be a bit OCD with stuff like that, so I already lined up a powdercoat job to paint the Forgelines the same color as these AMRs, if I don't like the Transparent Smoke. I just don't want to ruin the Stealth look of the car.

If those are the G1AR's I am going to be very very jealous! I have been dying to see what they would look like in the transparent smoke. The color that I have in my head that I think they are would look badass on the car Sharad. Nice job so far! Any other plans for the car or do you think that is it for the mods?

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Very nicely put together project. How do you like the D1?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If those are the G1AR's I am going to be very very jealous! I have been dying to see what they would look like in the transparent smoke. The color that I have in my head that I think they are would look badass on the car Sharad. Nice job so far! Any other plans for the car or do you think that is it for the mods?

LOL! You broke down my defenses since it sounds like we have the same taste in wheels... but first the back story.

I used to work for The Wheel Source, which was a retail shop owned by Dave Schardt. His brother Steve owned Forgeline and their dad owned Dayton Wire Wheel. Anyway, I've always had expensive taste in rims since I used to work around racecars & exotics at The Wheel Source, and Forgeline which was directly next door.

Wheels are funny things. They're very personal. I think most people would prefer very blingy three piece wheels, in polish or chrome. Ironically, the GA1Rs are more expensive than the pimp daddy three piece wheels, but as you know the GA1Rs aren't meant to be blingy. They are a true, strong & lightweight wheel design which is made specifically for racing. Particularly the GA1R Open Lug variety. Well, like I said, I like the high end stuff- and although my car only sees occasional HPDEs, I just had to have these!

This is a sneak preview of some test fitting. I should be able to install the set next week. If you like these, I can make you a killer deal on a set!!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Very nicely put together project. How do you like the D1?

I love it! It worked very well on the stock motor, and it has really hit its stride on the built motor.

Fwiw, we came up with a proprietary setup which we call the "UPR-spec D-1SC." We blocked off the MAF in the intercooler, installed a PMAS HPX-F sensor in the tube between the intercooler and the throttle body, and had it flowed at PMAS. Using this accurate MAF Transfer Function in the tune enabled us to pull crazy fuel economy and outstanding drivability. The car drives at least as smoothly as stock, and on the stock motor it pulled 32.3 MPG Highway with the 3.31s and 31.7 MPG on the 3.73s. That's just nutty at 600hp. (I haven't been able to measure highway MPGs on the built motor, but I'm sure it went down with drop in compression)

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Magazine secrets, lol. I wonder who has those??? Anyone we know, lol.

I don't do that very much anymore. Although I have talked to the new Editor at MM&FF because some of this project was actually supposed to run in 5.0 before it got absorbed by MM&FF. We'll see how that works out.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
The GA1Rs are $7,000/set.

:thud:

Nice ride..Congrats

I see you run your car in more than a straight line with the air bags. I've always been curious how well they work when it comes to carving corners? Have any experience with other standard Spring/Shock setups that you can compare the bags to?

Thanks

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
:thud:

Nice ride..Congrats

I see you run your car in more than a straight line with the air bags. I've always been curious how well they work when it comes to carving corners? Have any experience with other standard Spring/Shock setups that you can compare the bags to?

Thanks

Thanks!

I've run stock, Koni Yellow with Steeda, then Pro Kit, then Sportline springs, and the Air Lift kit. Also, I've been able to flog my dad's GT500 on the Tokico Steeda coilovers.

The dampers in the Air Lift kit go stiffer than any conventional bolt on shock/strut combo which I've ever tested. Generally speaking, I'd say there's no such thing as "too stiff" for me... but these Air Lift shocks & struts are the only ones I've ever owned which make me seriously consider backing them off from the full stiff setting for normal street use. I haven't taken the car back to Sebring on the Air Lift kit, but based on street driving, I suspect that I'll like it better there on the Air Lift system.

I don't find the effective "spring rate" of the bags to be a liability for performance driving. Then again, I'm not racing NASA or SCCA. My use is 99% street, with an occasional autocross or HPDE. For that type of use, I feel that the Air Lift kit is ideal because of its versatility. (30-way adjustable dampers and essentially infinite bag adjustment)

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight.

Seems like a versatile setup and the height adjustability on the fly is a pretty cool feature to have when you encounter shitty roads (I my case that's the whole state).

I'm curious, does the bag setup have an option to save serveral different configurations and return to them at the push of a button? Say for example, one setup is configured to level the ride height and loosen the dampening in the front and stiffen the dampning in the rear for Drag?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight.

Seems like a versatile setup and the height adjustability on the fly is a pretty cool feature to have when you encounter shitty roads (I my case that's the whole state).

I'm curious, does the bag setup have an option to save serveral different configurations and return to them at the push of a button? Say for example, one setup is configured to level the ride height and loosen the dampening in the front and stiffen the dampning in the rear for Drag?

It has 8 Presets for height adjustment (which is very convenient), but damping is adjusted at manually. Only takes two minutes, but you have to get out of the car to do so.

If find that S197s like a fairly stiff shock for drag racing, so I only loosen the struts for my change from handling to drag. However, even at full stiff on the dampers, my car dead hooks 700rwhp on the street, on UPR suspension and 305/35-19 M/T DRs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back