Steeda 5.0 CAI & Tune - new best ET and Trap Speed!

S

Steedagus

For those who have followed our previous posts or seen our advertised info on our website for our cold air and tune below for reference, we have new results to report!

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-power-pak-for-2011-and-up-ford-mustang.html

We had previously gone a best of 11.96 at 115.1 mph in testing with just our Steeda CAI, custom tune, and Nitto Drag Radials to get the power down. This was our original tune package on 93 octane in a 3.73 equipped car.

We have since further refined our tunes and have been upgrading customers who already had our package free of charge and have been getting awesome feedback and impressive dyno results.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/new-steeda-tune-just-simply-awesome-491233/

We now have a new best 1/4 mile E.T. and trap speed. They didnt happen on the same pass, but they almost never do anyway. :D

Our new best E.T is 11.88, but there is more to be had here and we will go back for more testing to get it. When we sent the car back to our Georgia facility, someone forgot to put the tuner back in the car. With a set of short 275/40/17 drag radials we hit the rev limiter in 4th well short of the finish line and could not change it without the tuner handy. This limited our trap speed on the 11.88 pass to only 113.37 mph. Here is the timeslip for that one.

1188.jpg

A subsequent pass shifting into 5th got us an 11.95, so the shift cost us some time, but staying under power gave us a great 116.85 mph trap speed. Here is the timeslip for that one.

1195.jpg

In previous discussions I had mentioned we wanted to get 116-117mph trap speed with just a cold air and tuning, no other power modifications. The car we are using has completely stock exhaust down to the axle back and no other power adders other than the cold air.

Our new goal is 11.70's and to break the 117 mph barrier with just the cold air, tune, and drag radials. We are pretty close now. Just need to get a clean pass.

But for now, 11.88 and a 116.85 trap speed is not too shabby!

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you!!! These cars are for real. This tune and iintake combo is hard to beat!

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
I was at State Capital last Sunday and there was two 5.0's one black and one grabber blue. Both auto cars cutting 11.8 to 11.6 with traps above 117. The Grabber car had one of your CAI and tunes I believe. The black one with a couple of extra mods... no convertor up grades I think. They would leave easy, 1.8 - 1.9 60' and from there on would just scream down the track. The LS3 Camaros started thinning out...HA HAA. The black car is a member here. And yes the DA wasn't all that great.

Last edited:

35anngt

not to be totally off topic, but...i was looking at steedas billet lightweight water pump pulley. anyone have any experience with this yet? im considering it before i do this intake/tune since its cheaper

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
not to be totally off topic, but...i was looking at steedas billet lightweight water pump pulley. anyone have any experience with this yet? im considering it before i do this intake/tune since its cheaper

Our billet water pump pulley is mostly a "bling" upgrade. It's the same diameter but 33% lighter.

CAI and tune is whats gonna get you some serious power.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back