Steering steering pump leak

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by TANN3R_, Jan 31, 2021.

1. TANN3R_

TANN3R_ Junior Member

Hello,
    I apologize in advance for my English. I'm from Europe and I don't use English much ..

Today I removed pump from timing cover, just because I started with timing chain job.
    Once i put my hand on steering pump hose and release the hose holder drom steering pump, I got surprised how loose was the pipe in pump. The steel pipe (in red circle) just going back and forth about 1 mm.
    Of course in minut was fluid starting leaking around that pipe.. Is there any posibility that its going to stop leaking when there is pressure again? Beceuse before I touched it, it was absolutly dry.. Or I need new hose?

Thank you in advance for the advice

IMG_20210131_165415 (1).jpg

2. TANN3R_

TANN3R_ Junior Member

Or does someone know what type is the fitting there? Is it type with O-ring, or it is cone seal? Which of these types is used on this pump?

To release nut on my pump and look at the fitting I need to put back timing cover back on engine and then reasemble the pump, but I´m waiting for timing components now.. :(

Thank you!

s-l500.jpg

61vqvxsESEL._AC_SX569_.jpg

3. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

There'll be an o-ring seal and yours is probably perished, causing a fluid leak. Just replace it with a new o-ring but be careful not to overtighten the hex nut as this will crush the o-ring and cause it to leak again.

4. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Correct.

5. TANN3R_

TANN3R_ Junior Member

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.