Stereo question

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the site since I just purchased my first S197. I have been on Modularfords for a long time since my other baby is a 2003 Cobra.

Anyway i purchased a 2012 GT which I have not yet recieved. I want to upgrade the speakers in the car but my question is, does these cars have a seperate tweeter from the large speaker in the bottom of the door? I listened to a buddies 08 and the sound quality is ok but i would think the shaker 500 could be clearer. I'm not looking to break windows with large base, just clean up the sound with some quality speakers.

Any ideas?

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the site since I just purchased my first S197. I have been on Modularfords for a long time since my other baby is a 2003 Cobra.

Anyway i purchased a 2012 GT which I have not yet recieved. I want to upgrade the speakers in the car but my question is, does these cars have a seperate tweeter from the large speaker in the bottom of the door? I listened to a buddies 08 and the sound quality is ok but i would think the shaker 500 could be clearer. I'm not looking to break windows with large base, just clean up the sound with some quality speakers.

Any ideas?
ur doors have a 8" woofer.. and a 6x8 mid/ coaxial speaker. alot of people change out the 6x8's. kicker makes a direct replacment for both speakers.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
I am direct with Kicker.. PM me if you have any questions

Ryan

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back