Stock panhard bar stuck, please help!

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I can't get the passenger side out. Driver fell right down. I hammered it and it moved slightly. It's soaking in wd40 now. Any suggestions?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Do I need to loosen up that support over the top of it to help spread the panels?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
you grab a pair, and put some muscle into it. hah

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
you grab a pair, and put some muscle into it. hah

I prefer to outsmart it rather than out muscle it. I'm too old and lazy to work that hard. If I can reach over with the ratchet and loosen up one bolt and have it fall out, that's much easier than fighting it.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I finally got it installed. Getting the new one in was much harder. But I got it with out marring up my car or the bar.

I had to hammer it up. Do you think it hurt the bearings? I used a 2x4 between the hammer and the rod end. Long ways.

I also cannot seem to wrap my head around how to tighten up after adjusting. Do I need to use to wrenches one on the jam nut and one on the bar? I only had a 6inch and 10inch crescent. 6 was too small. Neither wrench would even fit in the passenger side. So how do I do this? I tighten up the driver side as good as I could with holding the bar and using the wrench on the jam nut.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, loosening the brace will allow the bar to have additional play to drop out.

I wish I would have tried this. See I'm lazy too and I would have had to come back up the stairs from the garage to check the torque specs for that. Might not have made it back down...

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I really wish I would have known this prior to installation.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I prefer to outsmart it rather than out muscle it. I'm too old and lazy to work that hard. If I can reach over with the ratchet and loosen up one bolt and have it fall out, that's much easier than fighting it.

my head chef's word's of wisdom was ... work smart, not hard

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my head chef's word's of wisdom was ... work smart, not hard

That's from the Disney Duck Tales cartoon. Scrooge McDuck said "Work smarter, not harder." At least that is the first place I ever heard it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back