Stock Strut Help

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased stock struts off new take off and it came with the struts and bump stops. Now i dont remember and i also did a search with no luck but do these struts have a lower spring seat that needs to be installed or is the bottom of the spring insulated? My cobra jet front springs look insulated on the bottom. All i need is the dust boots, tops and bolts right?

Going back to stock struts after all this QA1 coilover bullshit i just went through.

MUSTANG16

forum member
Reaction score
CAPE COD MA. - LAUDERDALE BY THE SEA, FL.
I purchased stock struts off new take off and it came with the struts and bump stops. Now i dont remember and i also did a search with no luck but do these struts have a lower spring seat that needs to be installed or is the bottom of the spring insulated? My cobra jet front springs look insulated on the bottom. All i need is the dust boots, tops and bolts right?

Going back to stock struts after all this QA1 coilover bullshit i just went through.

I just went through this. It showed dust boots in there ad, but they were missing. Somebody snatched all the boots at the supplier. I also told a few other vendors that sell take off struts about this.
If you need the spring isolator (sleeve) # LMK … I ordered a set. Good luck on the dust boots. I was lucky enough to get a pair from a member here.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
i may just go to my local dealership and have them with in a day and get it over with. I havent been able to drive my car for 2 weeks cause of it being on jack stands with no struts on it.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
I just went through this. It showed dust boots in there ad, but they were missing. Somebody snatched all the boots at the supplier. I also told a few other vendors that sell take off struts about this.
If you need the spring isolator (sleeve) # LMK … I ordered a set. Good luck on the dust boots. I was lucky enough to get a pair from a member here.

Yes I need the number for the spring isolator. What's the worst case scenario if I can't find the boots? Now the isolator is aka lower spring seat?

MUSTANG16

forum member
Reaction score

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
and would there really be an issue if i cant locate anyone who can part with the dust boots? is it really a big deal if they are on there or not?

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Are these the dust boots that you need? If so you can have them.

2011-04-28_18-41-57_725.jpg

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, the bumpers are still there in the tops of them...they just pop off. I basically have a complete set of stock struts from when I installed my FRPP K springs. I don't have the isolators though....had to reuse them.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, the bumpers are still there in the tops of them...they just pop off. I basically have a complete set of stock struts from when I installed my FRPP K springs. I don't have the isolators though....had to reuse them.

yes i want them, lets finalize this deal through PM. Im sending you a PM right now

thanks a ton!

MUSTANG16

forum member
Reaction score

That's all he would need then. I really don't understand why Ford doesn't sell this part separately. I wanted to keep my oem struts intact instead of stripping them for the sleeves, boots and bumpers.:asshat:

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
That's all he would need then. I really don't understand why Ford doesn't sell this part separately. I wanted to keep my oem struts intact instead of stripping them for the sleeves, boots and bumpers.:asshat:

well i was stupid and didnt save my stock shit cause i got too caught up in the moment with what i was doing and fucked myself sorta.

You have been a GREAT help as well, thanks alot!

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
No problem...I always keep my stock parts around in case I or anyone else needs them. Plus I work on alot of peoples cars and they usually leave their old stuff here too. I just have to keep moving it around when I clean my garage....

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
So, why are you ditching the QA1 stuff? I know it was top notch for the fox body stangs, haven't seen much at all about it for S197s

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
So, why are you ditching the QA1 stuff? I know it was top notch for the fox body stangs, haven't seen much at all about it for S197s

cause of two sets of front coilovers blown out in the course of about a month, not even.

not wasting anymore money on them. was lucky to get my money back. I am luck the rears are working perfectly, cant say the same for the fronts. No luck at all with them. So my stock struts after i recieve the final little peices here and there will be paired with cobra jet front springs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back