Strictly Performance - 9.93 at 137

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Eric Tinnerman (PLStang) and there's a new sheriff in town. First pass off the trailer went 9.96 on a less than stellar launch. Second run was a bit better but the car was wandering around on the top end. As it stands though..........the Nine Second Barrier has been broken by Richard Lelsz and the gang from Strictly Performance.

9.93 at 137 mph

*Shit's real in Texas.*

Last edited:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Found this on another forum :

icon1.gif
Congrats Strictly Performance- 9.96!

Congrats to Richard Lelsz and Strictly Performance on running the first 9-second run with a 2011 5.0L Mustang GT.

The shop swapped out the stock six-speed manual trans for a C4 and then he plumbed a direct port nitrous system. Using prototype tuning software, Lelsz threw down 656 rwhp this morning on the dyno.

The white GT features upper and lower control arms, Bogarts all around, and the aforementioned parts.

Tonight during Test And Tune at Houston Raceway Park, Lelsz ran 9.96 at 137 mph right off the trailer! Congrats to the entire team on running so quickly with the shop ride and pushing the boundary even further.

The guys at Strictly said they will have the video posted to YouTube later tonight. I will update the post when I get a link.

Pete

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
The shop swapped out the stock six-speed manual trans for a C4 and then he plumbed a direct port nitrous system. Using prototype tuning software, Lelsz threw down 656 rwhp this morning on the dyno.

Guess that answers the question on if the rods will hold lol. Nice!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was fast---car is already in the 9's with a stock bottom end.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy Shit! 650+ stock long block?? that's crazy!!!

is it Eric's car?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw this car when I was getting my stock LCAs reinstalled. Pretty sweet. Racing seats, battery relo to the trunk, and the direct port nitrous was awesome looking. They actually have a 2 stage....the regular nozzle in the intake is the first stage I guess, followed by the direct port setup.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Music sucked, but awesome car, wish we could have heard it, ugh.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Man that was a awsome run. Pulled real hard off the line.

Kinda wish there was no music.. Anyways good video footage. +1 for first in the 9s!!!!:beerdrink:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
His reasoning was that he didn't want anyone to hear what he has done to the car tuning-wise so he covered it with the music. Not my deal so I didn't ask.

In another related story.....I spoke with Rick Head of Exile Turbo Systems earlier this evening. Trial fitting of the Stealth GT Twin Turbo System to a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 will begin early next week. mmmuuuaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa

:evil:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back