Subtle Flares/Flaps

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Put 315 NT05R's on for street use and they stick out a bit.
20200402_133437_001.jpg

I tried to find some kind of very subtle flare, even something
with flat plastic like the stock rear mudflap, that sticks out just a bit.

All the flares I could find are hideous, but I did find some flaps that
look pretty "subtle". Can't find a pic of the front one's and not sure if I'd
even run them. Has anyone used these and/or have pics of them mounted up?

https://www.southerncarparts.com/20...6xHWX_nsyq0gTpjzQBrN7_kkY7qC4aXsaAkAREALw_wcB

Did also just find these, but I think I like the one's above better for shape.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/jlt-per...OVA7KhK3sgXN1c7OJLY1mhFaabdoBHyUaAsKTEALw_wcB

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I put jlt splash guards on mine. They are just a flat piece of 1/8" abs. You could probably get a sheet and make them yourself.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, that's some poke! What are the wheel and tire specs? Wheel width & offset + tire size?

Why not get proper wheels instead of putting mud flaps or doo-dads on to cover up poorly spec'd wheels?

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that's some poke! What are the wheel and tire specs? Wheel width & offset + tire size?

Why not get proper wheels instead of putting mud flaps or doo-dads on to cover up poorly spec'd wheels?

Really like the old school, deep dish look of these wheels (especially rears) and no one makes the same wheel any wider or any different offset/BS. In fact, you can't even buy this wheel anymore (18 X 10 Bullit with GREY spokes).

So, I may eventually have the wheel widened to an 18 x 11 or 11.5. All the widening will be inboard, so that will suck the tire sidewall over/inward, at least some. Just wasn't worth the $600 or so they charge to widen, right now.

IMG_1212.JPG

Anyway, I bought these, which also come with smaller front splash guards.

https://www.southerncarparts.com/2010-2014-ford-mustang-splash-guard-p-9020.html

Couple pics

20200422_185629.jpg

Difference

20200424_083617.jpg

Still not perfect for a 315, but more coverage than I had.

20200424_090531.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, I may eventually have the wheel widened to an 18 x 11 or 11.5. All the widening will be inboard, so that will suck the tire sidewall over/inward, at least some.
no, not it will not do that, the poke will stay the same, the hub is still going to sit the same way on the axle, that will not be altered.

also this isn't really a "wheels" issue, it's an appearance topic, so moved to pimpin

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
no, not it will not do that, the poke will stay the same, the hub is still going to sit the same way on the axle, that will not be altered.

also this isn't really a "wheels" issue, it's an appearance topic, so moved to pimpin

Thanks for moving to right section. The edge of rim itself is even with with the fender.
I would think that a tire bulging outward an inch (12 inch section width vs 10 inch rim),
would square itself up, if you change nothing else but moving inner edge of rim inward
(say 1.5 inches).

Gt500 splash guards

Thanks, I looked them up. They look pretty close to the stock 14GT that came on mine. Are they the same?

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for moving to right section. The edge of rim itself is even with with the fender.
I would think that a tire bulging outward an inch (12 inch section width vs 10 inch rim),
would square itself up, if you change nothing else but moving inner edge of rim inward
(say 1.5 inches).

Thanks, I looked them up. They look pretty close to the stock 14GT that came on mine. Are they the same?

Not sure. My ‘10 didn’t have any.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OX - ok I see what u mean, yes a wider rim will have less bulge, so in that sense I agree.

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
I think those are the same. Here’s what they look like on mine..
22d3f02134eac306e6ebaf9f46cfd0f8.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back