Supercharge your GT or Cobra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
yes i have seen them break on that, that white vert broke on a 75 shot and pullie... i never said it was a weak POS... the yellow car that i posted has IRS BUT its the level five half shafts...

I've seen level 5's go before.

Hell, Cobrastruck(if you know of him) currently holds the wordl record of a pullied eaton, with a small shot of nitrous, with the only weight reduction being slicks/skinnies, running bottom 10's. He hopped on slicks, and broke a shaft.

It's all about wheel hop man.Launching straight, with a little spin won't hurt the shafts. Driver error and not letting off will.

06whipple

Is this a pissing contest? I didn't bash the Cobra ...somebody has some issues. It would be nice to allow people the opportunity to just give their opinion and not have others start flaming. GTFU

1FastS197

Reaction score
I've seen level 5's go before.

Hell, Cobrastruck(if you know of him) currently holds the wordl record of a pullied eaton, with a small shot of nitrous, with the only weight reduction being slicks/skinnies, running bottom 10's. He hopped on slicks, and broke a shaft.

It's all about wheel hop man.Launching straight, with a little spin won't hurt the shafts. Driver error and not letting off will.

you miss understood my point... whats gonna break less a solid axle or a IRS... thats all i was say'n man...

Is this a pissing contest? I didn't bash the Cobra ...somebody has some issues. It would be nice to allow people the opportunity to just give their opinion and not have others start flaming. GTFU

agreed!!!

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
you miss understood my point... whats gonna break less a solid axle or a IRS... thats all i was say'n man...

agreed!!!

I agree a Solid will break less. I was just pointing out that since I have a car with an IRS, and a Solid, they are very close to reliability.

Obviously, there are less parts in an SRA to break compared to an IRS. Just depends though. I've seen my fair share of SRA's being blown at 450-500 RWHP power levels, same with IRS.

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score

Not at all. I will stay, thanks.

I gave my opinion, because I own both cars, not just one. I prefer both, not just one.

It's one thing to give an opinion, it's another to tell another person that knows more about the car in question, and try to say certain things.

There is a difference between someone expressing an opinion, and a toolbag. Saying something stupid like, "I can get 600 RWHP out of a 3V GT for 3300 bucks or so" is a toolbag and uneducated remark. Not an opinion.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
What grabber hasn't mentioned is the best he has done in his 440rwhp s197 GT was like 13.0 I believe.. and his fastest pass in his 450rwhp cobra was a mid 12 I believe.. so he needs all the HP you can get.. hell, at 3500ft elevation my fastest time was a 13.5 but i'll take that over either of his cars :D

I'd buy an LS1 ws6 or Firehawk over an 03/04 cobra.. but i also dislike the new edge look.. i like the sn95's better... buy an sn95 and drop a cobra engine in it.. cheaper + better looking.

You'll pay more to go faster, if your man-hood is wrapped up in beating someone else's car its nothing an extra $5,000 wont fix.. and I also haven't heard of the ticking time bomb that an alluminator block would pose at 550rwhp... i'm willing to bet its at minimum a match for the cobra engine.

P.S. grabber, if i'm wrong about your times post vids/slips for proofz pls ;)

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh shit dont start this crap over here now please

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Serenity now gentlemen....

There will be no DA debates here. I will end it quickly.

stang03

forum member
Reaction score
This thread really blew up lol! I was just curious who would do what thats all!

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
sorry stkjock.. did i ever tell you that you are my hero? :asskiss3:

If someone is going to take advice from someone I want to point out where that person is coming from.. and for someone with a lightly modded cobra to say he knows more than anyone else about an 03/04 cobra because he owns one and they dont.. meh.. what someone like that knows is from reading about it the same as anyone else on here. personally, I'd take my advice from someone who does have a 600+rwhp cobra, or someone who has a 600+rwhp S197 GT.... and I wouldn't listen to me either because i have neither :D Just what i've read talked with people irl with those cars.. which is about all the experience many people have in here when it comes to 600+rwhp cars..

always a good time Grabber :beer:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
sorry stkjock.. did i ever tell you that you are my hero? :asskiss3:

If someone is going to take advice from someone I want to point out where that person is coming from.. and for someone with a lightly modded cobra to say he knows more than anyone else about an 03/04 cobra because he owns one and they dont.. meh.. what someone like that knows is from reading about it the same as anyone else on here. personally, I'd take my advice from someone who does have a 600+rwhp cobra, or someone who has a 600+rwhp S197 GT.... and I wouldn't listen to me either because i have neither :D Just what i've read talked with people irl with those cars.. which is about all the experience many people have in here when it comes to 600+rwhp cars..

always a good time Grabber :beer:

Right, and since you are a guy that does not even work on our own car, and I do, go figure.

Anyhow, I know what Cobra's can do. Just because I ran a poor time, with apparently a ton of excuses(yet you need a calculator to run 12's) doesn't mean I don't know about the car, even if my car doesn't make 100000000 HP.

I've done quite a bit of work on my own Cobra. Unlike you.

When I say that a Cobra is a better starting platform, is that a lie? Does it take a guy having a 600 RWHP to know that? No. I hang around about 30+ other Cobra owners, and most of them have 600+ RWHP, some have 800+ RWHP, and I learn from them. Not from a thread of where some random dude posted some info.

Also, if you want to base knowledge on how much power a car makes, why would anyone listen to a guy that runs the 1/4 mile online, and can't run the time he claims in real life? Your car barely makes 290 RWHP. I've got close to 200 RWHP on ya, so, by you saying power level means knowledge, I know a lot more.

Get your hands dirty with a wrench, and when you start to work with some of the best tuners in the country like I have(in the sense that I have had extremely in depth discussions with) Jon Lund, Bob Kurgan, etc.

Bob Kurgan is also the guy that re-tuned my slow POS GT, that was running richer than balls, and now holds the FASTEST NMRA DR pass of all time, and built and tuned the car himself. So, now that one of my cars is running healthy again, it changes things. Also, he tuned my Cobra, but, since I cannot break 12.4 because that is the ABSOLUTE BEST my Cobra will ever see, even with John force driving it, my advice should be ignored right?

Yeah, dude, keep to yourself, and if you want to keep bashing me, me and the other dozen guys on MF will keep bashing you for making your absurd claims, with no proof other than an online tool to make you feel better about a car you have put thousands into and are still stuck running 13's. Oops, did I say that? Wait, before you say it, it's not an excuse, well, my lack of driving experience @ a track is not an excuses. A clutch that had over 25K miles and was road-raced and fried is not an excuse. It's a simple fact that I ran my car when it should not have been run, and posted a time I was disappointed in, not a time to brag about.

PS- I also think it's super funny you say take advice from a guy with 600+ RWHP over me. Do you have any clue how many people just drop their cars off at shops, and say this is what I want, and know jack shit about their car, just that it's fast? LOL God, you are so smart.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
He doesn't know anyone with a Terminator. He does know someone with a 600whp GT and that person does do most of their own work. Just getting the facts straight there.

Mishri and I have had discussions about the 03/04 Cobra. I'm not a mind reader but I suspect he doesn't like them mainly because he doesn't enjoy being told how terrible of a deal his car is to make fast in comparison. Which in truth, it is. It will cost thousands extra to achieve the same results with his 3v and he knows it. He just doesn't want to admit it and he's tired of hearing about it. ;)

Carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back