Swap to 14" rear brakes for $299.99

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Ultra, you gotta lose those caliper covers man. Those are terrible on an otherwise super shiny and nice car.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I've been curious about these but only saw 1 set on SVTP, didnt realize they were widely available

thegraystang

Reaction score
I was originally gonna do the OEM route when i redid my rear gears. but at 115 for the bracket and whatever 150ish options for rotors, you can't go wrong. Im either gonna get OEM or get some centric rotors to match my fronts. Im also gonna replace my rear pads to those duralast pads. I bought them for my front brembo's and they rock.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I was originally gonna do the OEM route when i redid my rear gears. but at 115 for the bracket and whatever 150ish options for rotors, you can't go wrong. Im either gonna get OEM or get some centric rotors to match my fronts. Im also gonna replace my rear pads to those duralast pads. I bought them for my front brembo's and they rock.

How's the brake dust with the Duralast pads???

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped in Duralast rear pads after my rear brakes ate a set of rotors at 16,000 miles. (which the dealer said was normal BTW... WTF??)

The duralast pads are quiet and produce very little dust. Much nicer than what Ford gives you. Plus, they have a lifetime warranty so when they wear out I'll go get a new set for free. :)

Paul.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Thanks Paul!!!

I know thegraystang and he was texting me when he put those pads on, he likes them a lot and says they are pretty low dust. He has a set of StopTech pads on the rear and they dust much more than the front. He's gone through a few different sets of pads, and I think he has had these the longest. Very happy with them.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I swapped in Duralast rear pads after my rear brakes ate a set of rotors at 16,000 miles. (which the dealer said was normal BTW... WTF??)

The duralast pads are quiet and produce very little dust. Much nicer than what Ford gives you. Plus, they have a lifetime warranty so when they wear out I'll go get a new set for free. :)

Paul.

Dude,that's crazy! I have 25K on my car right now and recently inspected the brakes all around when I did a tire rotation. Mine still have a ton of life in them. And I don't baby my car at all.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Dude,that's crazy! I have 25K on my car right now and recently inspected the brakes all around when I did a tire rotation. Mine still have a ton of life in them. And I don't baby my car at all.

Hah, yeah that's what I thought too. The rear brakes were making a ton of noise, and the rotors were getting eaten. I took it into the dealership, told them that this wear is not even close to normal, and asked them to replace my brakes under warranty. They told me to pound sand. It was pure comedy. What a bunch of idiots. However, that's been par for the course for EVERY experience I've had with the dealership. It took them six weeks to replace my transmission under warranty on my 100% completely stock car, and they gave me a base model Hyundai Elantra rental for my trouble. (after it had been in the shop for two weeks already, and another dealership jerked me off and gave me the runaround)

Does this look like normal wear to anyone with a brain?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Do you leave the TC off when it's dry out? A local buddy with a 2012 ate through his oem rear pads a year or more ago. Rotor's were ok, but the pads were toast. Front pads were fine..go figure. The only thing we could think of was him leaving the TC ON all the time.

I leave the TC off in the dry....and on in the wet. But that's on my 2010..which uses HPS pads both front + rear. Minimal dust on the front...and virtually nothing on the rear.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I always leave the TC on. The pads were dragging. It was completely obvious. You could hear them dragging when I would drive through my parking garage at work. Look at the uneven wear on the rotors too. Dealer didn't care, told me to pound sand.

I bought Shelby brakes anyway, so I just installed them. Problem solved.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Just bought my adapters from eBay for 149.99 with free shipping. Quicker than PMs to the guy on SVTP; but then again it is the holidays so I'm sure he is busy. I just wanted to have a lock down on the pair. And he a local guy out of Lexington, NC apparently according to eBay.

Now to find some cheap 14" rear rotors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The guy on SVTP is the same one on eBay.

PM Rob @ Evolution here and see if he can hook you up on the 14" Rotors. Tell him I sent you his way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back