t56 Magnum for sale 4.6bell and alu. drive shaft

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
He also has a 'supporting member' banner under his name so I'm guessing he bought his classifieds privileges. That would also explain the lack of comments from the mods.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
He also has a 'supporting member' banner under his name so I'm guessing he bought his classifieds privileges. That would also explain the lack of comments from the mods.

What the heck, are you saying that Washington DC style special interest lobbyist activity has made it down to the forum level?!
I'll just shut up now before I get banned...

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
What the heck, are you saying that Washington DC style special interest lobbyist activity has made it down to the forum level?!
I'll just shut up now before I get banned...

Lmao, that's some serious shit that's happening here now.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
This thread and sale is bullshit.....

Big props to the guy who bought this and handled the situation so well. I would have blew a gasket if it was me. Lol

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for a s197 then it shouldn't have been listed in this section it should have been listed in the misc parts for sale section

cruisin

Reaction score
Could have been an honest mistake with the seller not knowing what they had, posting in the wrong section, etc. or it could have been the seller trying to pull a fast one. The buyer should always ask as many questions as needed in order to make sure they are getting what they think they are getting.
The buyer saw that it was a really good deal and probably skipped asking the questions that would have mattered to make sure he didn't miss out on the deal.

If it hadn't whipped, I'd way try to work it out where the buyer only pays a little and if it had shipped, it could either be returned at the buyers expense

cruisin

Reaction score
No matter what the intent of the seller, it's a shitty situation and I'm sorry that you had to deal with this sum-day. Glad you were able to flip it quickly. Hopefully you didn't take too much if a hit on it. A buddy of mine has one of these to sell but I don't know what it is for yet. I'm not sure if it's an XL but I don't think it has to be. I think you can still make a regular T56 work. It would just have a remote shifter like every other trans. You just need the right bell, shifter, driveshaft and cross member. All are probably off the shelf parts. You just need to factor that in and those costs when purchasing.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
The whole point of the waiting period is to discourage those who would try to make a quick and dirty sale, as well as force newbs to interact with the forum and learn the rules to prevent honest mistakes.
This falls into the former category IMHO, as the seller has never made a post not related to buying or selling items.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
He's not the only one sitting silent...

I wonder what the contribution level is to bypass the waiting period for classifieds privileges?

Such a big deal is made of it being to protect the members, but what good is I if you can buy it? It only takes one big rip off sale to make that contribution back!

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I hear ya, but I gotta figure this one just slipped thru the cracks. The guys running this site , IMO try to lookout for us all

cjb08

Reaction score
Wow.. This is interesting. Lots of conspiracy stuff here. Lol. Nothing sketchy here at all. I listed in wrong forum, but it was clearly stated what it fit. It's not like I would have had a hard time selling this either way. I had tons of people hitting me up for it. Also, I got with the buyer and had it sent to his buyer. All is good. This was going in my 65 fastback, but now swapping in a coyote and m6.

cjb08

Reaction score
Sellers silence was the fact that I never come here, but this was very entertaining to read..all the drama. It really was posted in the wrong forum by accident. I still have people pming me to buy this thing... Some of you guys are crazy!
Also, thank god...life has been good to me in that I don't need to cheat people out of a few thousand dollars.....appears that it worked out. I
Actually assumed that the buyer sold it for more than he paid me. Btw: trans cost me a bunch more to ship due to new buyer having to have shipped to residential address.
Excuse bad typing, on my phone.
Also, I will usually become a paid supporter of forums when i subscribe because I understand the coat involved with running forums and like to support if I can.....nothing more, but that's soo boring so if you guys want to continue with the conspiracy stuff.....go ahead. Lol

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
It wasn't clearly stated what it fit. If I go to a classified for 2005 and up mustang section and see a transmission that clearly states fits 4.6 gt that means it fits 2005 to 2010. You were in the wrong. After replying in the ad several times you could have easily said sorry guys wrong section you never did. You should have refunded the guy his full amount. Were not talking about a $5 item here. Maybe a couple grand is nothing to you but to some that save there money for a year or longer to buy something they need it may be considered a lot of money to them. To buy it and it not even be for your car could be devastating to them. If the other guy lost money by reselling it then that's a raw raw deal

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No offense to you muztangman but an aware buyer will also research the part number given. I can see it being a mistake. It took me 2 minutes to figure it out that it didnt fit a s197.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Valid points above, research is key, definitely unclear or misleading ad.

What got my attention is how it made it into the Classifieds to begin with, and that has NOT been addressed at all...

cjb08

Reaction score
Jesus...I put the actual part number in there.
I am a new member here and didn't realize that this was s197 stuff only. And honestly I had no idea it wouldn't fit an s197 as I have a 65 and a 2011.....again that's why I put part number on there. I know I would have looked up the part number. When we figured out the situation we found another buyer and made it work....and I had no idea he lost money, but he shouldn't have. I posted it on three forums and honestly based on the responses I got. We both could have gotten a lot more for it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jesus...I put the actual part number in there.
I am a new member here and didn't realize that this was s197 stuff only. And honestly I had no idea it wouldn't fit an s197 as I have a 65 and a 2011.....again that's why I put part number on there. I know I would have looked up the part number. When we figured out the situation we found another buyer and made it work....and I had no idea he lost money, but he shouldn't have. I posted it on three forums and honestly based on the responses I got. We both could have gotten a lot more for it.

And this is exactly why there are participation requirements in place for new members before they are allowed to post ads on this forum. I have no idea how you managed to get around that with only a dozen posts. The members of this forum do not want people like you showing up just to sell your crap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back