The Electric Mustang

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
When the electric Mustang came out, as far as I was concern it was a slap in the face to loyal Mustang enthusiasts. I commented how soon would they come out with playing cards and clothing pins (you younger guys think bicycles) on the wheels. And what new colors would ford come out with for those accessories.

Well, it's on the market. Watched the video and it sounds pretty good.

V8 exhaust sound for electric vehicle | Sound Booster Pro (sound-booster.com)

Mike Mckay

Reaction score
Love It 07
Where's my old 86 ranger V6 5 speed no Chips from China, No batteries from China, (which we can't get) and as for sound a rusted out exhaust. Now you knew the sound was for real.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
The old saying, "If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...", is a true statement. From this we can also conclude that the inverse form of statement is also true.

Therefore, "If it doesn't look like a Mustang, or sound like a Mustang...", IT AIN'T A MUSTANG!

There were plenty of retread failed/dead model names in the time vault to repurpose such as Pinto, Bobcat, Montego, LTD, or Edsel for such a project.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
The old saying, "If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...", is a true statement. From this we can also conclude that the inverse form of statement is also true.

Therefore, "If it doesn't look like a Mustang, or sound like a Mustang...", IT AIN'T A MUSTANG!

There were plenty of retread failed/dead model names in the time vault to repurpose such as Pinto, Bobcat, Montego, LTD, or Edsel for such a project.

Hell they could’ve named it Maverick instead of sticking that on a truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
When I said it sounded good in my earlier post didn't mean it sounded like a Mustang. It did sound like a decent exhaust system. Nothing sounds like a Mustang.

I remember when I lived in Phoenix, AZ many years ago some company came out with a device that attached to the coil (I think). No matter what you were driving you had four choices for sound. You could sound like a model "A", sports car and two others I don't recall.

Gasoline $4.16 a gal here in North Idaho.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
When I said it sounded good in my earlier post didn't mean it sounded like a Mustang. It did sound like a decent exhaust system. Nothing sounds like a Mustang.

I remember when I lived in Phoenix, AZ many years ago some company came out with a device that attached to the coil (I think). No matter what you were driving you had four choices for sound. You could sound like a model "A", sports car and two others I don't recall.

Gasoline $4.16 a gal here in North Idaho.

And how much was your electric bill last month?

EVs will do nothing but drive costs even higher!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
And how much was your electric bill last month?

EVs will do nothing but drive costs even higher!

Here on Vancouver Island, if you need major repairs done on your Tesla, you haver to put it on a flatbed truck, and get it towed to the city of Vancouver...via an expensive ferry ride. For minor repairs, they have mobile tesla techs, that come to your home...also very expensive. The suspensions are aluminum, and leave a lot to be desired. You will throw up when you find out the replacement cost of the battery.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Here on Vancouver Island, if you need major repairs done on your Tesla, you haver to put it on a flatbed truck, and get it towed to the city of Vancouver...via an expensive ferry ride. For minor repairs, they have mobile tesla techs, that come to your home...also very expensive. The suspensions are aluminum, and leave a lot to be desired. You will throw up when you find out the replacement cost of the battery.

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying my wife a Hybrid last year. It has a life expectancy (in my driveway) of 3 years. At that point I’m trading it in if at all possible. It may not make it that long.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Wait until they finally realize that there "has to be" a disposal/reclaiming/hazardous handling fee on this as well. That will add to the cost.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Nuclear energy is the cleanest and most efficient process to satisfy a rational thinking conservationist minded person. Sadly, people still live in the 20th century with regard to this option. France, who could not wipe their own butt with instructions from a youtube video and having instructions written on the wall above the toilet paper roll seem to have the nuclear energy option well in hand. This would be a move in the right direction rather than all of the wasted incentives and handouts given to create these stupid wind farms and solar fields that are not only an eyesore for miles but killing birds galore and costing tax payers millions wile giving back little.

If you read studies on this topic produced by "open minded" professors (Stanford University Study) with no real life wisdom, they show that wind farms can produce enough energy when stored to last for up to 72 hours, between what they call dead air wind patterns (estimated 3 day average in which no winds are present to spin the unit). They do not specify how large an area this stored energy can sustain power to, nor do they speak of the cost to maintain the storage devices needed, the maintenance on the wind turbines, the fact that the blades have to be replaced on a routine basis - assuming nothing flied into them and damages them before their life span is exhausted - and the cost to reclaim batteries storage devices when they have been depleted and/or failed short of avg life expectancy.

Palm Springs, CA has had a wind form in place for decades. Yet their cost of electrical power is 69% more than the national average at 23.83 cents per KWhr. The national average is 14.11 cents per KWhr according to a 2021 study. This is with the use of alternative wind and solar energy sources and the area being one of the higher solar producing climates. You can see their wind farm for miles as you drive out I-10. I've been there.

EV's would be much more accepted IMHO if they were not a political tool of the super elite. It would be nice if electric vehicles could drive 350-400 miles and be recharged in as little time as filling up the average sized vehicle with similar range. But they can't. A tesla even on the pure DC charge option offered only at select locations takes 20-30 minutes to charge FULLY. The fastest 120VAC station option can only perform this in 8-12 hours according to a TESLA website I found on the topic.

My uncle has owned hybrids for years. On his bumper are NRA stickers, Trump stickers, etc. On occasion he is confronted by some left whack accusing him of being a hypocrite for supporting the right while owning a hybrid. He then asks them calmly each time (he is 6'4" and ways about 260) when did the left form a monopoly on conservation? He points out that he believes in conservation and saving money while doing it but that it is not his religion. He stresses the rational approach such as how hunters are some of the largest conservationists in the country and learned from reading about the near extinction of the buffalo in the 19th century that to hunt something to extinction is not logical (he uses the phrase from Star Trek IV). To this they have little rebut and he bids them a nice day and continues on with his.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Charging up a Tesla using 120 vac in 8-12 hrs is total BS. Any 120 vac charger is only good for 1 kw. Assuming a 66kwh Tesla battery.....and at zero, it would take 66 hrs to charge to max. In normal operation, the manual sez not to let the battery go below 20%...and only charge it to a max of 80%. Only time the battery is charged to 100% is if going on a long trip. From 20% to 80% would take 39.6 hrs.

Nobody charges with 120 vac.... unless you are stuck at motel 6..and brought your 100' extension cord with you. At home, they all use a 240 vac @ 40 amp setup. Even that takes 8-10 hrs.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
120 vac or 240 vac its 8 to 10 hours to whatever they say to charge to and thats 7 hrs 50 min to 9 hrs 50 min i dont want to wait in order to drive the full distance. there is a tesla dealer near me. those cars are sitting in line there non stop waiting to charge.

FrancoGT

Reaction score
Saw my first MachE mustang today. Not worthy of the name Mustang. Ford went batshit crazy.

Electric vehicles will be fringe until nuclear is accepted. Hybrids are the answer for the conservationists.

I’m glad I have my S197 with Magnum 6 speed and blower.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
That's no truck. Ford is down to two real vehicles-F-series and the actual Mustang.

Why is that, because it’s unibody? Or because it’s ugly! Neither of those deem it, not a truck!

Ford built a unibody F series in 1964 (or 63 I can’t remember which), and built the absolute ugliest truck ever made in 1957!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back