The one thing I hate about my Mustang is...

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That $36k Mustang is also not smart enough to turn the dome light off if it's accidentally left on......happened to me already. :mad2:

Really? I've never left the dome light on, but one night I left the headlights on because I was taking some night shots of the car, and it turned off the lights halfway through one of the exposures!

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Ooop, sagging door panels is another... I already had to reglue my drivers.. Cupholders in way of shifter is retarded too.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I've only had my 09 Gt for a couple weeks but here's my list.

-Cheap leatherish seats
-No trunk popper inside the car (I thought almost all cars have had that since like 1982)
-Rear bumper doesn't seem like it's fastened very well.
-Tractor trailer shift throw
- Lots of body roll
- no interior storage

I love the car though and most of these can and will be corrected shortly.

Last edited:

tamatt27

forum member
Reaction score
-The powertrain...but I fixed that.
-From the first time I got the car, I always thought the shifter was too far forward. I guess my legs are longer than my arms, because I have to sit almost all the way back and it's about a mile between the back of my seat and the shifter and steering wheel.
-The stoopid gas tank problem!
-Useless cup holders..
-The placement of the mufflers in relation to the rest of the exhaust system! Mid-mufflers seem to be the way to go with these cars, IMO.
-No washer nozzles on the wipers...

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
If you have two keys, keep them separate (and with you). If you have a fob and a key, separate them. If you manage to lock both your main key and your backup inside the trunk at the same time, a wise man would learn from it happening only once.
I learned the hard way about keeping spare keys with me.Norm

There were only two things i did not like about my 08 and 09, and i fixed them the first week i had them.

1. Bought the key pad, and mounted it under the spoiler. So you don't see it.

2. The 2009 plain Black interior, Installed Red carpet, painted the console, window switch panels red, recovered the seats red, replaced the door panels w/ red inserts.

I would like auto on/off head lights

Last edited:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Drivers power seat needs to go lower, feels like I'm in the roof especially at the track with a helmet on...more an issue for us 6'3" and up drivers I think.

and for us short people I wish the other side wasn't on the floor.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Just 1 thing. The fact that the damn sun visor does not extend. I hate when the sun gets low in the 8 o'clock and it's beating down on the side of my face.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
About 1-2 times a week, I have a hell of a time getting mine into reverse. If I put it in a forward gear for a few seconds, it usually will go right into reverse but it's a hassle. Damn linkage.

mine is the same way from time to time!

i agree on the cup holder being useless

front cup holder sucks.

and also no trunk pop button inside the car!
i know this is my own fault but once on break in between classes, i went to the gf's and locked my car then went to get in the trunk, laid my keys in the trunk...had to call my dad and have him bring me the spare lol had to skip the rest of my class that day...

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Door panels rattle with loud music, cupholders are pretty useless (so they have one of those billet plates in there), driveline has some pretty bad shunt to it sometimes but I guess that just comes with the way it's setup. I think that's about it, but its not enough to put me off owning it! ;)

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
1) It weighs a ton
2) Tranny is made in China, and has already been replaced
3) You buy a 35k car and have to change the clutch so the tranny will hold up
4) The leather seat covers are cheap and streak when you clean them, interior still looks kind of cheap as a whole
5) Shitty engine bay paint
6) You need a lift to get the stock overaxle pipes off
7) You cant change the seats without a stupid airbag light
8) Rods are not forged
9) Stock 2piece DS is 48lbs
10) The nitto tires on the brembo package suck
11) Stock brembos pads leave a TON of dust and the brembos often squeak

Ford is making progress though

and its still better then the G37 Sport Coupe I traded in for it lol

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a kit to add an interior trunk release button to the '05-09s.

There's also a kit to add that turn signal feature I was talking about. I ordered it. :thumb:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
My Mac exhaust never lined up correctly, So I banged it a few times with a rubber hammer/mallet and that did the trick:naughty1:

Ideally I wanted to bend the hangers a little, but I'm NOT taking those things back off as they were a total bitch to get on. That and I don't have access to a torch so there's no way to heat the hanger. I hadn't though about the rubber mallet idea. Where did you strike?

I'm so used to the cup holder problem by now. They've been in the same spot forever. Fortunately, I have a trunk release button inside the car. :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back