The ultimate Nano-Ceramic coating???

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I recently became a certified installer of Nano-Hide coatings. I was never really a big fan of them (nano coatings in general). I did particularly care for the hydrophobic qualities, and the difficulty of application and the fact that every little flaw you didn't remove is now permanent freaked me out a bit. Plus you can't beat the gloss and refraction of some of the carnuba's and hybrids on the market.

Then I got a call from a gentleman who offered to pay me whatever I wanted to do a paint correction on a vehicle and show me his product. I bit. Can't pass up a free job.

When I got there, they had a car that had been treated already. It had some bugs and bird droppings on the hood and bumper. I cringed when he wiped away the bird droppings with a dry microfiber. You could see the etching from the droppings and the scratches from rubbing (not wiping) the turd away. They told me go back and check it in an hour.

I went to work on the car I was detailing, and an hour later, came back to check that spot. It was all gone. I shit you not. I was blown away.

After doing that car top to bottom, they offered to do it on the Mustang.

After doing my car, I brought it home, let it cure, and then decided "Let me test the swirls "self-healing" in the sun (Or under a heat gun)." So I went out, grabbed an old bath towel (polyester blend) and began grinding it into the treated paint, trying to make some swirls to try it out with. SHOCKINGLY, I couldn't put swirls in the paint. A bath towel will swirl any dirty paint job even with lubricants. I did it on dusty paint with nothing but the towel. And I used my 15000w halogens to look for defects.

I'm blown away by this product. While it is costly, I'm worried that it may put me out of business LOL. Which is why I only do it on the cars they set me up with! But I figured I'd share it with y'all since you guys love your cars as much as I do.

I sound like a salesman here but trust me: It works. I think I have a little of a reputation as a decent detailer on here so hopefully, y'all don't think im some new troll trying to sell you on something (I make nothing off this).

Thanks and enjoy.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
After reading about Modesta's claims of 3 to 10 years durabilty, what is this coatings durability? Secondly, have the manufacture shown you any long term wear on completed cars? My point is, how would it stand up to weekly washings that are not as careful as a two bucket wash.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
They guarantee 7 years. For washings, all they recommend us water and a microfiber. I kid you not. And it works.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
How expensive is this stuff? I'm about to jump on some CQuartz UK, but really I have no clue what I'm doing besides make sure the paint is how I like it because its not changing for 1-2 years after application.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
As of now, I believe you have to have it installed by a certified installer. Its a 6 step process (not including paint correction). A mustang would be $700 I believe, minus any paint correction.

I am about to do it on a customers Black Tesla and once I do, I will try the bath towel test as well on that one.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Looks and sounds interesting. Looking forward to your test on that black Tesla though. As we all know black is the best test medium.

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Have you tried the swirl resistance test after a few months/washes?

I remember when WolfChemicals hardbody first came out, i put it on my mach1 (that i had at the time) and right after i applied it, you couldnt scratch the car with any kind of towel or applicator. After the initial slickness goes away tho, the protection/beading was still great, but the swirl resistance wasnt as much.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Indeed. I've been thinking about a coating... a local guy does Cquartz and Opti-coat. How do they compare to this Nano-hide?

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Opticoat Pro, if installed by a certified dealer, comes with a 5 year warranty so long as the car is maintained on specific frequency by the installer.

Cquartz offers very similar protection, although they only boast a 2 year warranty. If i had to pick between the 2, id probably go with Cquartz personally. from what ive read and from the pros i know who use it, it leaves the paint slicker then OCP, which is worth it to me. OCP also has a minimum installation price of around 400 bucks- thats set by Optimum polymer technologies (i almost became a dealer).

But if i had to just pick, Getchniq C1 cured and then topped with Gtechniq ExoV2. With that combo, water beads curve under at the bottom- and thats not an exageration 115 degrees of water contact lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back