there goes the neighborhood

vinnybarber

forum member
Reaction score
ken and modular depot have done a great job with my car.
its not that anything was done wrong. its just that ken and
i do not see things the same way. the only reason i posted it on
here is because you will no longer be able to see anything about
my car on md web site

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you Vinny. Thanks again for all the help you have given me and the late night phone calls.

In case you are wondering, it turned out the modular COP's wreck havic with the BS3 sensor wires. My Uegor issue was 100% interference. Once we wrapped the crank and cam sensor wires in microphone wire, then sealed them off and ran them down opposite sides of the block, the Uegor was a solid 28 and never looked back.

The only weird thing though is the Uegor still won't 'steady' until the car is fired. It just doesn't crank fast enough - which is weird - but no biggie. I honestly think the compression is higher than the 10:1 ordered because a compression test yielded 208-210 across the board. That really makes me think it is higher than 10:1 but I'm only using C16 anyway so whatever.

Best of luck and I'll keep you posted as well.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks - after we discovered the motor was sent with the cam off 180º - things started going smoothly.

Sucks - but what ya gonna do...:ugh1:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to wish Vinny the best of luck with the car. Like he said, nothing happened or went wrong in my opinion. Some people just don't work well together under stressful situations like race cars tend to be. No hard feelings on either side I don't think.

I feel we accomplished what Vinny asked us to do, which was to make him the quickest 3v in the World. It's time for the next chapter and I wish him the best of luck with the future of the car.

Ken

vinnybarber

forum member
Reaction score
I have said all along that md is a great shop.
Ken has done an awesome job. I took something
that was said the wrong way.
We both sat down at Christmas and I think we
came to the best decision for the both of us

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back