Thinking about selling my old Stang

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Mustang GT premium that I'm thinking about selling.

It's an automatic transmission with some light mods: CAI, differential, and suspension mods. It has 85K miles on it.

It's in decent condition for a 17 year old car - typical wear and tear.

How much is it worth?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Mustang GT premium that I'm thinking about selling.

It's an automatic transmission with some light mods: CAI, differential, and suspension mods. It has 85K miles on it.

It's in decent condition for a 17 year old car - typical wear and tear.

How much is it worth?
Which part of the country do you live in ?

AHaze

Reaction score
Check ebay for completed auctions of similar cars.
3 years ago I couldn't get $10k for my similarly modded (but manual trans) '05 GT with 60k miles on it but car prices have done weird things since then.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
kbb and nada are good sources. i got 1500 more for my 17 than i paid for it 3.5 years prior from a dealer. their offer was in line with kbb for excellent condition. i may have gotten a bit more selling myself but why go through the hassle when a dealer offers me a once in a lifetime occurrence? i didnt like the car either so it was an easy decision.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
kbb and nada are good sources. i got 1500 more for my 17 than i paid for it 3.5 years prior from a dealer. their offer was in line with kbb for excellent condition. i may have gotten a bit more selling myself but why go through the hassle when a dealer offers me a once in a lifetime occurrence? i didnt like the car either so it was an easy decision.

We upgraded my wife’s car because the dealer offered us silly money on her old one, we basically got our what we paid for it within about $100 after like 4 years of ownership.

OP, I’d look at what’s sold locally and maybe even see if any local dealers are low on used stuff, you may get a great offer with this crazy car market right now.

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
We upgraded my wife’s car because the dealer offered us silly money on her old one, we basically got our what we paid for it within about $100 after like 4 years of ownership.

OP, I’d look at what’s sold locally and maybe even see if any local dealers are low on used stuff, you may get a great offer with this crazy car market right now.

I'll take it to Carmax to see what they'll offer. Worst case, I drive away :)

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
You could also try Carvana. A lot of people I know who are "cashing out" on their used cars are getting ridiculous offers there. You also don't have to leave the house. They'll give you an offer, then come to the house to verify it's what you said it was if you accept it.

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
You could also try Carvana. A lot of people I know who are "cashing out" on their used cars are getting ridiculous offers there. You also don't have to leave the house. They'll give you an offer, then come to the house to verify it's what you said it was if you accept it.

I entered my info into Carvana and got a quote of $8459.
Not too bad actually.

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
It's sold for $8470 :snoopfacepalm:

Not too happy about that considering how many mods I put into it but I knew that mods do not increase the value, it's basically lost $$$.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back