Those of you with MGW's

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I'm looking into picking up a new MGW for my 06 and had some questions in regard to the shift boot. I was going to order one from a mustang rocks leather but it seems they've closed their doors. When I spoke with them they mentioned that they can make the leather a little shorter due to the design of the MGW.

I'm torn between the flat stick shifter or the regular shifter but I'm not sure how they will look once installed. My stock vinyl boot has had it and I'm ditching this as well. Does anyone have some insight into the two shifters and a quality leather shift boot?

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I had the standard handle (before there was a flat stick) and the ford boot that is actual leather, worked great together, sorry don't think I have any pics from it.

If you do go standard handle I have a extra 12mmx1.25 (older mustang thread) mgw handle with a hurst non-logo'd shift knob that I LOVED, but couldn't use in my 11 for obvious reasons, would sell cheap if you're interested.

edit, sorry just realized the new shifter standard handle is different now. Dang just bought that shifter a year a half ago lol

Last edited:

Phil1098

Reaction score
I too got mine before the flat stick was available. I went to the Ford parts book and bought a 08 Bullitt shift ball and boot (the neck is smaller on the boot). I like the factory look of the Bullitt shift ball and the boot has a perimeter frame at the base that looks like aluminum.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Bought my MGW a few months ago. I have both the flat stick and the straight handle. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the Flat stick when I was test fitting it. They both felt great but I was more partial and went with the straight handle. Feel free to PM for a good deal on the flat stick with shifter ball.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back