Thoughts timing and boost?

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
So I boost leak checked my car after dealing with a leaky intake issue. I found a small leak by my tb at the coupler. Fixed it by repositioning the clamp. It held 20psi before my leak tester slid off the blower. No leaks anywhere else. Now I'm a little miffed at the fact that I'm only seeing 8lbs right at 6500 (and I mean just barely touches 8 by then). I know that I'm seeing a lose of 2 psi through the intercooler setup which is common, but I figured the boost would be higher. I currently have a 3.33 blower pulley and (what I think it is) a nearly stock size crank pulley. My question is, if I toss on a 3.125 pulley is it still going to be safe? From the calculators I can find it should increase the psi to roughly 10lbs. Could I go any more with it? If I bumped it to 14psi (via a 2.87 pulley) could it still be safe with a 10.8 Afr and 14* of timing? Just speculating on the 2.87, but I do have a 3.125 on it's way. P.s. I live at 940' above sea level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Stock long block, Vortech v3, 93 and I can get ahold of 112 at my local track.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. The only thing I can find is that the crank pulley is smaller than I originally figured.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
If you are only seeing 8 pounds with a 3.33, I seriously doubt you will get anywhere 14 psi with a 2.87 pulley. Most likely you are going to start having belt slip issues with that small of a pulley and only 6 rib.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it would see 14 psi based off the blower rpm difference. It'd be a 7000 rpm increase in blower speed. And belt slip is a possibility. If I run into belt slip I'd likely get an od innovators west balancer and swap the blower pulley for a sure-grip pulley. Unless I find an 8-rib swap cheap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back