throttle body question

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
hi guys, have a question. I had to have my throttle body replaced last year due to a prob with it that caused my car to go into limp mode. When I got the car back i noticed it took forever for the car to drop revs when i got off the gas so when i got home i unhooked the battery for a while and that seemed to help a little but it still takes a while to wind down. I just decided to deal with it but it is kinda getting on my nerves now that i put on the roush offroads and i can hear it a little more now. i was wondering if there was anything you guys, and gals, would know to do to resolve this. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
i have that same problem. i noticed it after i put on long tubes with an offroad h and 40 series flowmasters. i'm pretty sure it has to do with the lack of back pressure and is normal. you can hear it pretty clearly in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukFxEtUmuE

couldnt hear anything but 2 guys talking.do you have a time on the video to listen for it?

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
mine did that after i installed the FR throttle body, but a tune fixed it.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
yea thought about the tps but just seemed weird that the original tb was ok then when they replaced it with a new tb it started doing this. i didnt know if maybe it was something that i could do with the electric motor part of the tb, like if it could have been installed wrong or something. guess i could try a new tps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back