Throttle issues

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
Last Friday my 06 4.0L SOHC died on me. Was giving me O2 sensor and throttle wide open codes. I get it home and swap out the O2 sensors, O2 codes were gone. All that were left were p2104, 2107, 2110. Basically saying the throttle was stuck wide open. I replaced the TPS and still the codes persisted. I swapped my stock tb back in and tested it, same codes. I even replaced the pedal TPS assembly with no luck or improvement.

So right now, when i start her up, her idle fluctuates. Goes up and down equally without issue or change in fluctuation.

Is it possible for O2 sensors to give codes saying the throttle is stuck wide open?

My last 2 thoughts are wiring short, or perhaps my MAF needs to be cleaned/replaced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

GlassTop09

Reaction score
From all that I have read up on thru the FWM on these, this can be wiring issues between the TB (either TPS side or TB actuator drive side) & the PCM or it can be the PCM itself. The MAF can influence this as it's used in calculating engine load % which the PCM will control the TB's blade angle to achieve it.
I don't believe the O2 sensors have a direct part to play in setting DTC codes concerning the ETC system's throttle control. This issue is pretty much between the PCM & TB's TPS\TB actuator motor drive & wiring in between the 2. The P2107 DTC is a telling code indicating that there may be an issue w\ the PCM itself from reading all the remedies that you've already tried (which the DTC lists as potential causes as well) w\ the exception of testing the wiring for shorts\excessive resistance and\or PCM's TB module drivers itself for signal integrity to TB actuator drive motor.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p2107

IMHO I think you're pretty much already on the right track...……...just need to finish it out to conclusion.

Hope this helps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back