Tiger racing super louver hood

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
I used to live in Seattle... this hood wouldn't have even been a possibility if I still lived up there. Good ol' Arizona.. lol.

RI_2011_GT

forum member
Reaction score
That was one of my concerns. I can see my JLT Intake filter right in the first 2 louvers. I asked Paul about it and he said they had no problems, but I will have to make something to cover the filter in case of rain.

RI_2011_GT

forum member
Reaction score
Made a little cover for one side of my cold air box. I have driven in pouring rain I mean really bad and had no trouble.

IMG_2219.jpg

What did you make that with?

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this hood will clear on 2005-2009 car with 4.6L and TVS blower. I have seen pics of 2010 with 4.6L and smaller blower. Also does anyone know the weight AeroCatch hood pins.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this hood will clear on 2005-2009 car with 4.6L and TVS blower. I have seen pics of 2010 with 4.6L and smaller blower. Also does anyone know the weight AeroCatch hood pins.

Why do you want to know the weight of AeroCatch hood pins? :beerdrink:

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Of course, you could do something crazy-like and read their literature.

Not saying you'd find something (p.20 of their catalogue) to help (3.18 oz - 3.46 oz depending on model) or clarify (0.67 oz for strike stud), but it might help to actually familiarize yourself with something you're thinking about using.

Reading. It does a mind good.

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad photo...my CF hood was delivered yesterday to my body shop. I went today to check it out and my guy said "we're going to let it dry 24+ before buffing it". I said "You got it painted already!!?"

I ran into the booth and snapped a photo...I never even got to see the hood unboxed...I mean, we all paid $60 for a Tiger Racing box fee...I wanted to see my $60 box...Well, forgot about all that when I saw the hood in the booth!!

Aerocatch pins on the way...Hope to have it mounted this weekend.

IMAG0352.jpg

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
NEMustang, that looks GREAT!!! I can't wait to get mine! I'm going with the Aerocatch pins too. Where are you going to position yours?

Thanks again for getting all this together and footing all the work. I'm sure everyone that scored on this deal really appreciates it. I know I do!

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
You're welcome! Some hood have been shipped and received...many other hoods on the way. The deal is still out there for anyone that wants one! We all saved some $$ on the hoods, but found that shipping can be pricey!

I am going with two (but bought four) for now. There are four mounting locations based on the stock bumpers/adjusters. I am looking toward the inner one, but maybe the outer ones might be better.

I did not even get to see the underside of my hood. My body guys already had it painted!

My eight year old looks at my all black Mustang yesterday, and being from Boston area, he states "Daddy, you should add two big yellow stripes on the car and put the big Boston Bruins logo on the hood and side!" Now that would be a look!!!

NEMustang, that looks GREAT!!! I can't wait to get mine! I'm going with the Aerocatch pins too. Where are you going to position yours?

Thanks again for getting all this together and footing all the work. I'm sure everyone that scored on this deal really appreciates it. I know I do!

neema

forum member
Reaction score
i'm interested in the 2 vs 4 hood pin placement. why aren't 2 enough? is the reason for 4 only because there so happens to be 4 bumpers on the stock hood?

any ideas for a white paint scheme? all white with black louvers?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back