Tile floor sucks!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Was that an actual mantle or did you piece it together? I need to make one like that to cover up the one I have since it wasn't long enough at the bottom to cover the artificial stone I put on mine.

topbliss

Reaction score
nice work.. When we bought out home 3 years ago, had the contractor do 3 bathrooms and the whole kitchen with italian slate tiles.. Wearing like iron. Glad I did not have to do it

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was that an actual mantle or did you piece it together?

The center 'face' is leftover from this project in the bathroom, and the top and bottom are pieced together from the stuff I picked up at the landscaping store.

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

You need to buy the faux stone by the case and I have a bunch of extra. If this is something you're really interested in I could probably send you enough to do a mantle.

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey dread, i hate you and your choice in upgrades.....only because im jealous. That is awesome.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
how did you get the angles like that? were the faux stone pieces angled like that already? when i bought mine to do my fireplace i had to cut the ends to fit the angle against the wall. i'm thinking of covering my existing mantel with some nice wood and making a box out of it. then maybe using some nice crown molding for the face of it or something like that.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I built this mantle a couple of years ago and then trimmed / planed it to fit the stone.

DSC00806.jpg

Yes, everything had to be cut / trimmed. I picked through a lot of the faux pieces for the face to get some that fit the length of the front edge. The stone for the top and bottom was hand picked for the angles and edges. I had made some cardboard templates and took them with me when I picked out the stone. Once the outer edges were lined up I made the cuts to fit them to the fireplace / fill in the gaps. Without a tile saw this would have been very difficult.

The wood covering approach is easier and should look great if you take the time to be precise.

Jewc75, lots of people hate me for real reasons, so you're good!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
The center 'face' is leftover from this project in the bathroom, and the top and bottom are pieced together from the stuff I picked up at the landscaping store.

DSC02370.jpg

You need to buy the faux stone by the case and I have a bunch of extra. If this is something you're really interested in I could probably send you enough to do a mantle.

wow, I want to do my bathroom just like that.

884ce9d7.jpg

atleast the 3 walls, where did you pick up that stone?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Quit posting this shit! Just makes me want to do more stuff to my house! LOL

Your counter top is the same granite in my bathrooms. I did field stone fireplace and blue eyes granite for my kitchen. I really want to pull the wood floor out of my kitchen and do tile, then take the carpet out of the living room and do bamboo wood flooring. I originally wanted the bamboo in the kitchen too, but I don't think it will match my oak cabinets very well. That living room with the log walls and tile is awesome! That's the exact same tile I originally wanted in my bathroom! I need to hit the damn lotto so I can get a cabin up north and do it up that way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back