Time for some interior work!

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will post pics of mine soon also. I ended up doin the vent faces and inner door handles as well... Looks freakin cool...

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been lazy to finish it up, but I went for it... Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 375

Cuttinh

forum member
Reaction score
I'm seeing tons of this "Textured vinyl Carbon Fiber" on fleabay... anyone have a seller they like that looks anything like the real deal? :)

Solar_Eclipse2

forum member
Reaction score
How do you think some of this would hold up being used as racing stripes? Can this have clear coat shot over it?

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
this is the result with plasti dip

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Love how this turned out! Been watching this for a while and am almost ready to do it myself. I've got all the materials and already wrapped my GT emblems in the CF vinyl but haven't had time to tear my interior apart yet.

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats effing awesome. I been wanting to do this for a while. I hate my two tone black-gray interior. I wanna go all black.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
So, now that a few people have done this... what are your thoughts on the longevity of the product? What I mean by this is are any of you seeing it bubbling, peeling, or not sticking in the heat? I assume it would be just as easy to clean as the standard dash, correct?

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
Can't recall who, but someone posted earlier that the CF trim was heat shrinking and exposing their IUP dash in certain places.... I guess it's best to paint the dash black prior to install to ensure no silver slips out!

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I have little silver showing on my trim around the steering wheel, not much at all. The seem that is in the middle of the airbag is not sticking down that good also. All that is not the noticeable if you are not looking for it. Overall it looks great!

allinon72

forum member
Reaction score
Can't recall who, but someone posted earlier that the CF trim was heat shrinking and exposing their IUP dash in certain places.... I guess it's best to paint the dash black prior to install to ensure no silver slips out!

Yes that was me. I would recommend spraying the pieces black beforehand, at least around the edges of the pods.

As for durability, I've had no problems here in an unusually hot Indiana summer (25+ days above 90). The shrinking actually makes the pieces fit better and gets rid of any small bubbles that may be remaining after the install. The key is to take your time and wrap it around the edges so it's nice and tight. Patience is needed for this mod.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back