Reaction score
10.5x27x15 M/T ET Streets...

About what tire pressure is best...

Ive heard everything from 8-28 :thud:

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i'm assuming these are bias ply tires? i run my m/t et street radials around 16psi. most of the guys around here say you can run the bias ply tires a little lower than that.

landis

Reaction score
If the track is good I run 17, if it gets cold or goes away and it gets slick I go down to 15. When I spray it out of the hole however I always run 15psi.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
For street RADIALS, I found that by running at higher psi's I can get better times, assuming they hook. I accidentally found that out one day when I took the drag setup (ET street radials) onto the street and was testing some suspension settings, and at 30 psi, they hooked on the street just fine with no spin. So that night at the track I tried them around 25-26 psi and never had a slippage issue, plus ran consistently faster times compared to when I was normally running them at around 18-20.

But again, those are the radials and not bias ply.

I'm still experimenting with what is the highest pressure I can run them at on the track, but the last two trips it has been 25-27 psi; I will be trying 28-30 next, just to see if it still hooks just the same.

05GT281

ole' legend lime
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can tell you 28psi with your set up is way to high and 8psi is way to low due to the weight of the S197. I would start @18-20 imo and go from there. Taylor your launch rpm to get the best hook up w/ no bog. Example our GT500 makes 801 at the wheels and on 28x11.5x15 goodyear slicks we run 17 psi it cuts 1.5 60's. We found at 12-15 the car is all over the track due to the weight 4038 w/driver. Good luck. Make sure you due a proper burnout. The ET streets like heat just like a slick. G/L

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
For street RADIALS, I found that by running at higher psi's I can get better times, assuming they hook.
Yup... that's pretty much the case with radials. Run as much pressure as you can and still hook.

The ET streets like heat just like a slick. G/L
It's been my experience that slicks need a LOT less burnout than do radials.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back