Top speed

BLVCKmamba

forum member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there just wondered the fastest anyones taken there car doesn't necessarily have to be a strip. I was on my way home this morning thought it'd be interesting to see what I could get up to so I get into 3rd grind out to 110 bam into 4th and I see 140 on the speedo and I didn't have the stomach to punch 5th...

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Well a few months ago, I got into 5th but I didn't go WOT, as I didn't want to blow up it up. I gradually got it up to 166mph on the GPS with a little pedal left. It was scary seeing 7+ psi of boost in 5th gear. I think 175 is possible with enough room though. Yippeee!

:beerchug2:

Last edited:

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Well a few months ago, I got into 5th but I didn't go WOT, as I didn't want to blow up it up. I gradually got it up to 166mph on the GPS with a little pedal left. It was scary seeing 7+ psi of boost in 5th gear. I think 175 is possible with enough room though. Yippeee!

:beerchug2:
I think so to, I did not have the balls to do it on the strip of Autobahn I was on. I was on my stock susp when I did it though.

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I raced one of the new 5.0's a few months back, dealer plates mind you so it wasn't a sold car, and it wasn't much of a race. He was stuck behind me in the express lane. I put it to the floor from 4th gear and let the rpm's just climb. He stayed on my ass. I rolled it into 5th and kept it to the floor, I didn't care about highway patrol, as long as the lane ahead of me stayed empty this was going to happen. He stayed on my ass. The SCT Livewire reads off the PCM, and the livewire said 165 but wasn't moving past that. The tach kept going, and I did finally left off at 6k/rpm.

That damn 5.0 stayed on my ass the entire time, of course. I got home and did the math on the gear calculator, if I'm not mistaken 6,000 rpm's w/4.10's on 275/40/18's turns 173mph on the speedo. Ford's speed sensor in the GT's apparently maxes out at 165, which is why the livewire didn't pick up anything past 165 on the digital.

For the S197 IMHO 160-170 is topped out without a blower.

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
yep, my 2010 is pretty damn smooth at 140-150 too.

That's fucking impressive.

When does your limiter kick in? Mine does it at 155, in 5th gear. Would be interested to know how fast this car gets w/o limiter. Apparently some guy got it to 182 completely stock but I don't believe it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tune takes out the limiter

edit - I dont see this thread ending well...........

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
How does the 3v feel when it hits 150? Is it struggling or does it still want to go?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Even if "I DID HIT 155mph ONE TIME", I damn sure wouldnt post it on the internet!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I would never speed on public roads, on a closed course I was at about 155 per the speedo.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Even if "I DID HIT 155mph ONE TIME", I damn sure wouldnt post it on the internet!

wasn't there a story on here about someone posting the speed they went on a public road on the forums and eventually getting arrested or police knocking on their door?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
wasn't there a story on here about someone posting the speed they went on a public road on the forums and eventually getting arrested or police knocking on their door?

yes, supposedly the law enforcement is keeping tabs on forums like these to crack down on street racing. Thats why I have basically ceased all racing stories unless they never exceed the speed limit.

There was a jackass in a Ferrari a couple years back that posted a video on Youtube of him hitting 200mph on a public highway in an F40 i believe. The cops tracked him down and arrested him as well.

I personally think we need to eliminate the S/S section just to protect the idiots we have on here that post up how they weaved in and out of traffic and on the shoulder at over 100mph just to keep up with some other jackass.

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
on the autobahn i use the cruize control at ~135mph all the time, i have been up to just over 160mph after i removed the limiter, and that was down a slight hill.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Douchebags weaving in and out of traffic deserve to get caught for it so let them post all they want :roflmao:

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
That's fucking impressive.

When does your limiter kick in? Mine does it at 155, in 5th gear. Would be interested to know how fast this car gets w/o limiter. Apparently some guy got it to 182 completely stock but I don't believe it.
It felt like it would have taken miles to keep creeping that High from 150
tune takes out the limiter

edit - I dont see this thread ending well...........
yep, SCT tuned by BBR
How does the 3v feel when it hits 150? Is it struggling or does it still want to go?
Smooth but I would have had more fun lowered and turbo'd, definitely not a lot more acceleration.
Autobahn baby, Germany or Mexico LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back