Torq tune

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone here running 93 octane Tune by Torq? I have put it on my vehicle twice, both times I got the wrench icon/throttle body sensor error.

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I'd be on the phone asking them what the hell is going on and how we can get this fixed!

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
I am with no issues. Give Paul a call and he'll get it straightened out for you.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a Torq tune for the longest time. Get on the phone and talk to Paul, he will get it squared away.

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if it was throttle body issue or a tune issue. I actually loved the tune. I started to trouble shoot but simply did not follow up and loaded my Bama tune, which also is amazing. I am thinking of going back to the Meister magic and was just curious as to the frequency of the issue I had. Seriously, no negativity intended.

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
I should. My errant logic, perhaps, was that my other tunes ran well so it was not required at the time. I will call Torq and see if they can help. I am sure it will cost some coin as I have gone to an off road set up since then.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
Been looking to get my car dyno tuned by them after changing my mind about another place local to me on the east coast here. Let us know how it comes out.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Been looking to get my car dyno tuned by them after changing my mind about another place local to me on the east coast here. Let us know how it comes out.

I wouldn't worry about getting Paul to tune your car. I'm currently running one of his email tunes but prior, when I was still turbocharged, he did my dyno tuning. Car was spot on, drove like stock and made stupid power. He spent quite some time on it to get everything just the way I wanted.

StangPhD- if I remember correctly, Torq tunes come with free revisions. Look into that on their website. It may not cost you anything at all

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
Finally decided to get the tune revised. I initially called Paul 3 weeks ago. He stated to send an email and the tune will go out then same day. Well, 3 weeks later, I still have nothing. I was told Wed morning was the day for the tune. Nothing.....I offered to send my tune file back to him, no response. I PMd him here, no response. He has been on here since then. I give up. In my mind, Torq owes me 75 dollars because I can't use this tune because it ALWAYS throws a wrench icon.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 93 tune. After two or three different revisions I gave up and went back to my old tune. Runs great on my old tune. The torq was throwing a CEL on my car as well. I have cleaned my MAF Throttle body and changerd my TPS Sensor.

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
If a tune can't be had for a 2010, that is one thing. But to promise a product and never deliver is entirely different.

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
No excuses on this one. It is not like us and not the type of service we are known for.

Very sorry for dropping the ball on this and I will get it taken care of today. Our system does a horrible job of keeping us in line on tune updates and we are working hard and implementing our new system to prevent these kinds of errors.

Not sure why we never revisited the wrench light but I will assure you, if it was a tune issue, it will be taken care of right away. Many other tuners simply disable the logic for the wrench icon, which can cause a run away car. Rather than disable these functions we would rather diagnose why it is happening rather than causing a potential fatal error and sticking throttle.

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 93 tune. After two or three different revisions I gave up and went back to my old tune. Runs great on my old tune. The torq was throwing a CEL on my car as well. I have cleaned my MAF Throttle body and changerd my TPS Sensor.

Please PM me your full name and/or order number so I can investigate the tune and CEL

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
If a tune can't be had for a 2010, that is one thing. But to promise a product and never deliver is entirely different.

It was great talking to you and happy we are getting this resolved for you so it will be 100% as you did say the car was a rocket with our tune.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
...Just wanted to say that in my case it was partly my fault as well. After the CEL came onm and I reloaded the old tune I never made contact with torq. Got busy for awhile. But once I have talked with meister he has been absolutley helpful in getting this issue resolved. Not many companies go out of the way to help anymore.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back