TPMS Bypass

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by JG-1, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

1. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

2. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

lol, I was going to design and sell this but... you can't make money that way. Also I found out about this and have my wireless bluetooth dongle for obd ready to go, just need to get forscan and go punch it in.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3119

davidjurss1 likes this.
  3. 1950StangJump$

1950StangJump$ forum member

I don't understand why you would design this powered by batteries that will eventually go dead. Make it 12v so that it can be wired and thrown under the dash and forgotten about!

4. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Go to Home Depot or Lowes or where ever. Buy a short length of PVC pipe that's about 2.5" in diameter. Buy one domed end cap, one screw on adapter end and a screw in plug. Buy a screw together Schrader valve. Drill an appropriately sized hole in the one piece domed end cap and install the Schrader valve. Glue the short length of pipe, the end cap and the adapter end together. Drop all four TPMS sensors into the pipe. Screw on the removable cap plug. Pressurize the pipe to 35 psi. Put it in the trunk. Viola they are always the same pressure and the light stays off.

No power required. If a sensor goes bad you can replace it or if you want them back in wheels you can put them back. If the light comes on you can just hit the pipe with a little more psi.

5. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 Junior Member

I'm not sure this would actually work, I read on another forum that they are activated by centrifugal force. So if they aren't moving, they may trigger the light even if they are pressurized correctly.

6. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

am I on ignore, did nobody read my post?

7. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 Junior Member

What you linked looks very promising, do you know if there are any negatives? Is it possible to brick the computer or anything?

8. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

9. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Back when my tpms sensors were working, they alerted me to a low rear tire while I was parked in the driveway.

eighty6gt likes this.
  10. davidjurss1

davidjurss1 Junior Member

Forscan is free. Change a line of code and bam, no light.

Only thing I paid for was the MS CAN/HS CAN plug switch on Amazon. Cost me $30 and allowed me to do a lot of different things to the car, including access PATS for new key programming. Was also able to delete TPMS from my 08. Havent had a light in over 6 months.

11. davidjurss1

davidjurss1 Junior Member

eighty6gt likes this.
  12. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

can also cycle your abs pump (???) i'm going to give this a shot.

Until i tesla swap my s197 i'll be using this thing a lot!