tpms sensor question

Vcfire2299

Reaction score
hey guys,
just bought a new set of wheels from AM for my 2009 Gt. I do not plan on reusing the oem tpms sensors from my original wheels because i am going to keep those wheels and tires for the winter. I am instead buying a new set of wheels to go along with the new wheels i bought. And so i need to buy new tpms sensors to go along with this new set.
My question is: can i buy aftermarket tpms sensors that supposedly fit my car from lets say ebay or advance auto? the tpms sensor kit on AM is 200 busks between the 4 sensors and the transmitter. If i buy aftermarket sensors on ebay, ill save about 100 bucks. But will they 1. work at all 2. sync with the ford transmitter tool? was planning on going with the valve stem type as opposed to the band type.
Tried looking through the threads and on google, but couldnt find much about it.
Thanks guys. This is my first time with a set of aftermarket wheels for a car with tpms so i have no idea.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you can usually find a set of oem tpms sensors for 75-100. ill have a look, i think i have a set around somewhere

DonkeyLips

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up a set of ford racing tpms for dirt cheap awhile back. If you shop around you can find them cheap.

Also the upside to the ford racing ones is they come with the tool to set the sensors to your car.

Vcfire2299

Reaction score
the cheapest i have found oem ford tpms sensors that fit my car so far were 197 bucks for all 4 with the tool on AM. I was just wondering if aftermarket ones will work correctly because my friend has a genesis and he payed about 40 bucks for a full set of 4 tpms sensors on ebay for his new wheels. he thought it was absurd that i had to pay about 200 for a set. found some on ebay that supposedly fit my car (one was from a company called "orange electronic") that cost around 80 bucks for a set of 4. But a little scared of buying them because not sure of how well they work and if they will sync with my car and the tool...

Vcfire2299

Reaction score
you can usually find a set of oem tpms sensors for 75-100. ill have a look, i think i have a set around somewhere

if you have a set of the valve stem type ones that are in working condition and are for the 07-09 mustangs, that would be awesome

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
get oem sensors and youll be fine, I bought my last set on ebay and they were oem at a good price

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back