TR6060 Questions

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying YES I searched the forum for my questions with no luck

I just recently bought a TR6060 from Paul(againstallodds1, thanks again for the deal) and its a TUET5800 older version. My question is does anyone who got the TR6060 for there GT's get a TUET5800 version and upgrade to the TUET8175 B? How would I go about upgrading mine? Is it a ford dealer only thing or would a place like D&D have the part to perform the upgrade? My goal is to perform this upgrade and have the gears polished. I also see people do not use the reverse lockout and also remove a rod to make it shift better, is this true? I need some guidance

I believe the only part that gets upgraded to be recognised as a TUET8175 B is the input shaft, the splines I believe get slightly enlarged and the input shaft is highly polished. Am I correct on this part?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yup, I think I was the first to at least in forums to removing the reverse lockout bar.

Had gears polished myself and a friend assist with rebuild ( I had a horrible disagreement with a clutch with too much metal welding to my flywheel :crazy: ). Can order different gears through TREMEC.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
yup, I think I was the first to at least in forums to removing the reverse lockout bar.

Had gears polished myself and a friend assist with rebuild ( I had a horrible disagreement with a clutch with too much metal welding to my flywheel :crazy: ). Can order different gears through TREMEC.

So the input shaft is really the only upgraded part to make the trans known as a "TUET8175 B"? Can be purchased from Tremec as well? Any idea on pricing for this upgrade? Who would you trust to polish these gears?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back