Traction control switch on a 07 gt

07blowngt

forum member
Reaction score
Years ago I had my rear built for the track. The guys that built it went into the computer and turned off the traction control so it cannot be turned on or off at the dash button. Since then I put a Detroit trutrac carrier in the rear. My question is can I turn the dash switch back on and will it still work with the new carrier. Also since it was turned off my cruise control has not worked, Is it related in any way. If I can turn on is there software needed in order to do so?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have it turned back on in the tune. Very few guys have it turned off in the computer.

07blowngt

forum member
Reaction score
Is that something the tuner has to do or can I do it. Will it work with the new carrier. I believe it did get turned off when it was tuned

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The tuner needs to make an adjustment in the calibration file. U then need to upload it to the PCM The rear end in use makes no difference.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Like mentioned it's an option in the tune. Most tuners won't turn it off due to liability. All it's really going to do is apply brakes when a wheel is detected to be slipping. I've turned mine off in the tune to prevent the braking. With a higher hp car it does more harm than good imo. I'd leave it off unless you are selling the car.

07blowngt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am making 540 rwhp on pump gas and a bite more on race fuel. Justin at JPC in MD did all the tuning on the car and he has done me right all along. Guess the best thing is leave it alone

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I used a relay to turn off the traction control each time the key is turned, so by default mine is always off, but I have the option to turn it on.......with that being said, I still ever use it because I never think about it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I leave the TC off in the dry...and on in the wet. I should just leave it off all the time.
A local buddy with a 2012 trashed his rear brakes.....and had left the TC on all the time.
With it on, it can activate either / or / both rear brakes.

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you disable traction control it also disables the anti lock brakes. Does anybody know 100%?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you disable traction control it also disables the anti lock brakes. Does anybody know 100%?

I've never heard that on a 05-10 car. IDK on the 2011+ cars

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I used a relay to turn off the traction control each time the key is turned, so by default mine is always off, but I have the option to turn it on.......with that being said, I still ever use it because I never think about it.

I have this ^^ set up too. Never had any issues with it like this, including ABS brakes issues.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back