Transmission swap?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info M, I have some time to wait and see what the market does too.

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
As far as i know Lentech has the only AODE model with a standalone ecu and FB Per. is only a AOD trans.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please bear with me on this, Im an idiot on transmissions! What makes the diff. between the AODE and the AOD?

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
An AODE has a manual valve body and you still have to shift the car and it has an electric button for the overdrive,An AODE you can shift maually too or you can let the computer shift it for you just like a stock tranny.You can get an AODE built to take 1500hp and a transbrake and is streetable.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very helpful, Lentech looks like a good reputable route for me! Then I can go with the 4R70W which everyone seems to have faith in. :thumb:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes sir it is! The Tranny that is in it is good, Just dont think it will last long with the new power goal and while it is out Im gonna try to stay ahead and just replace it now. Stock Trans has around 12k miles on it and it will most likely be for sale soon if anyones interested!!

tlt05gt

Larry's Transmission
Reaction score
Let me know what you decide to go with and how it works for you. I own a Transmission shop in Southern California and we are doing some things to the stock 5R55S units and they are holding up too 600RWHP but I am always curious.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back