True Bi-Xenon headlight kit

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put a set of these on mine a couple of weeks ago and have had some people ask about them so here is the info.

The web site was www.visionbulbs.com. The true bi-xenon H13 kit is regularly $324.95. But they have an old discount code that still seems to be working so you can get them for $276.21, and shipping is free.
The discount code is E46FANDSCT

The bulbs are rated for 20,000 hours and the entire kit has a 1 year warranty. Most of the kits I have seen are only 3 month warranty. Couple have been 6 month. This is the first 1 year warranty I have seen on a kit.

I got the 4300k kit and it is a drastic improvement over the Silverstar's I was running. Much brighter and the field of light seems to be extended quite a bit over the regular bulbs. They are a tiny bit greenish in my opinion, but I think the 6000k kit would have been too blue for what I wanted. But overall I am quite pleased with them. They are a true bi-xenon kit so you have high beam and low beam functionality.

Install was relatively simple. Just run the power wire from the battery for the ballasts, two grounds, plug the bulbs in the sockets, plug the wires in from the bulbs to the ballasts, and connect the harness to one of your headlight sockets. Now one thing, they do not plug in to your headlight socket. Even though the kit instructions show a "plug and play" harness adaptor. But it isn't that big of a deal to connect the three wires with some splices. Hardest part was figuring out where I was going to mount the ballasts.

That's about all there was to it really. Pretty simple install. The kit seems to be constructed nicely, water proof plugs, heavy fittings on the bulbs, descent brackets for the ballasts. Switching from low beam to high beam is instant, no blackout or pause between settings. The bulbs do come on instantly, but not at peak brightness. They do take about 10 seconds maybe to reach full brightness. But certainly not anything to complain about and certainly not like you are driving in darkness for 10 seconds or anything before they come on.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. So just passing along the info.

RoketGT

Reaction score
Got the exact same set a few months ago. Went with the same 4300k kit as you since I didn't want the light to be too blue.

Like you said, the field of vision is greatly improved and not losing the functionality of the high/low beams is exactly what I wanted.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just got mine..

Where did you two put your Ballasts? ideas please?... I plan to put mine in Sunday.

thank you

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Russ, what is the update on your kit? Get it working yet? Did those guys ever respond with anything useful?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Russ, what is the update on your kit? Get it working yet? Did those guys ever respond with anything useful?

yes, They did me good (full return) I did buy TWO MORE sets (I have three now). One to put in the wife's car and one spare for my future part needs.

I did swap them all over to 6000K temp. (I did start with the 4500K) They were too green in my view.

I'm happy. Thank you.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the 6000K bulbs? IF I ever get my damn car back I am considering the same thing.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the 6000K bulbs? IF I ever get my damn car back I am considering the same thing.

I am very happy to have them instead of the 4500K. The 6000k is what I think is the right color. They are not a crazy blue but just enough. In my view the 4500K were a little green.

I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to get the 6000K from them. Another supplier may be different.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back