Tuner guy no help,need some info.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Wrong section,nothing to see here.

Track day is coming up and going from a 26.5 tall tire to a 28" tall tire. How much of a shifting issue is gona go on on a 2013 5.0 a6 car. How sensitive is the newer cars on the speedometer being off and causing shifting issues. Was gona throw the radials on but didn't know if it would affect the shifting and such being it was a auto. Was steered to go with Mike Roush for the tune but 1 revision and now can't get a hold of him. Looked on the tuner for tire size adj and could not find it. I think he locks his tunes from what i read. Heard he was the best for the autos but now its like he has vanished.

Last edited:

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Don't want to throw Mike under the rug neither. Not what the post is about.

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't mean shit. Now that he's got your money he's moved on to the next sucker.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda sucks and hope not. Was planning on buying a converter next week and was gona go through him being he was tuning it. Then buy a vmp tvs end of aug and let him do the tuning and such.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right, you guys sending an email or what? I've had my tune through Mike for about 12 months or so now and every time I send him a question I have an answer or revision within a day. There's been one time where I had to wait a few days because he was at a track outing but he's got some of the best customer service i've encountered.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Sent a few emails and txt to him. Since beginning of last week. Was wanting him to send a ghost cam tune from the start but never got it. Then i asked for a tune or one so i could change to radials but then havent heard back from him. He did a start up tune and i sent 1 data log and he revised it and that is all i have got from him. Which sucks cause i would like to do a converter and such with his tuning but i also don't want a car i can't drive for a week or more waiting on a tune.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Why not change it yourself with the tuner?? I would imagine If the speedo and the rpm is right won't the car shift as it should??

He already said that with this tuner the parameters are locked out.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
He already said that with this tuner the parameters are locked out.

Thanks Boss. Yes it is locked out and going to a different tire size. If i could change it i would have no issue. I don't think it will effect it but i know he gets firm on the transmission stuff so figured i might ask before doing it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You should be ok. Most of the time shift points are based on torque load and throttle position. Speed or RPM's shouldn't effect it except at wot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back