*~*TUNER - Need help with Fan settings...

D

dubai_stang

Hi,

Having a few probs with these setting.. basically i want the fans to be on all the time and the high speed fan to come on more or less straight away.. i live in a very very hot country (almost 47 degrees today) and the car is struggling with the heat.. Please help..

Mark

Attachments

• fan-settings.JPG
    fan-settings.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 18

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having a few probs with these setting.. basically i want the fans to be on all the time and the high speed fan to come on more or less straight away..
Can you detail what issues you are having? Just running down those parameters here are some details that might help you do what you want to do:
1. "ECT" is Engine Colant Temp - so if you lower the "on_ect" @ 224F down to 180/190 or so, it will pretty much never turn it off once the engine is running (set the "off" below the on - 175? for an experiment). if you make it too cold, it will be bad for the engine (wear due to incorrect oil viscosity), but sounds like temps around there will prevent that from being an issue very often.
2. Don't see much of a reason to turn the low-speed fan on while running at higher speeds - so other than the above comment of making sure the "on" speed is ~180 should do the trick
3. high_load_RPM should be self explanatory - lower that if you wanted the high speed fan to run at idle
4. high_load_load is a percentage of "load" the engine is seeing 0-100% (0.0-1.0) - so if you lower that value - the high speed fan will engage with lower loads...

If you can explain what you have tried and what is not doing as you expect, we can give some more specific suggestions...

Keep in mind that these fans present a decent load on the electrical system at idle - with an aluminum flywheel - my fan caused my idle to bounce around until I compensated with fan-vs-idle RPM settings...

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
And welcome to S197Forum!! Since it's so hot where you're at (47C = 117F), have a 6-pack!

:bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer:

travelers

Reaction score
And welcome to S197Forum!! Since it's so hot where you're at (47C = 117F), have a 6-pack!

:bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer: :bigbeer:
But as we all know who have been to Dubai that 47c feels like 150F. At least it did the last time I was there.

Oh yea welcome and try and stay cool. Good luck keeping the car cool over there. Have you thought about a larger rad?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back