Tunes and fuel mileage?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Ok, that is freaking awesome. Here is my next question-

Will it void the warranty out if I load a different tune than the factory one?:idea:

You can always revert back to the stock tune if you need to take it in for repair. Depending on the place it may or may not affect the warrenty, but better safe than sorry.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Yes, nice "facts" asswipe.

It's common knowledge, dude. Everyone here knows it and you come in and all of a sudden think we're all wrong because you are making an assumption based on your reasoning and lack of knowledge and experience. :ftard:

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a big question,Ik that the emmision standards cut down the mileage and thats why a tune can get you some more mpgs but will you then fail emmisions tests?

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Ok you snide little shit, COMMON SENSE tells everyone else that cars from the factory run richer than necessary, because if a car runs lean enough (as stated like three times in this thread) NOx output will increase to a point that is not up to snuff with emissions standards of the US. Ford could give you those 3-4 mpg but then you would have to live in europe to enjoy your mustang.

Oh, geez, we got us another smart one here. Maybe you should do some more searching and less talking. The grown ups are busy dealing with facts here o

Yes, nice "facts" asswipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Ok you snide little shit, COMMON SENSE tells everyone else that cars from the factory run richer than necessary, because if a car runs lean enough (as stated like three times in this thread) NOx output will increase to a point that is not up to snuff with emissions standards of the US. Ford could give you those 3-4 mpg but then you would have to live in europe to enjoy your mustang.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

He must be lacking that Common Sense gene.

Too bad all these professional tuners spent all that time working on this stuff when they could have just used this guys power of observation to figure out it was a waste of time. I wonder if all the companies that advertise that the tune will improve gas mileage will have to go out of business now for false advertisement??? He blew the lid off of that conspiracy.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
i know it can be done from previous car, so i just wanted to make sure as this one already has decent enough MPGs

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
can you do that on a saleen supercharged car?

We can get better fuel economy out of just about anything. We can do it without hurting power too.

Ok, that is freaking awesome. Here is my next question-
Will it void the warranty out if I load a different tune than the factory one?:idea:

Depends on who you ask at Ford. LOL
I recommend returning it to stock before taking it to Ford if it's just a tune. Just tell them not to update the processor.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
We can get better fuel economy out of just about anything. We can do it without hurting power too.

I recommend returning it to stock before taking it to Ford if it's just a tune. Just tell them not to update the processor.

what happens when you update the processor??

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score

cool i would like to try that out. hopefully you guys have a deal sometime soon like in the past once i get all my mods done...im getting 12mpg city - 18 mpg hwy and mixed of about 15mpg

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
cool i would like to try that out. hopefully you guys have a deal sometime soon like in the past once i get all my mods done...im getting 12mpg city - 18 mpg hwy and mixed of about 15mpg

Damn, I thought my 15 and 18-19 were bad. I think I have mechanical issues causing my fuel problems. No matter if I change tunes, still tahe same crap. Even 2 years ago I was getting 23 at 75 mph. Same gears and wheel/tires setup. Now I'm lucky to see 19. :wtf:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back