Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
3.55's
28" M/T drag radials
crossing the 1/4 line in 4th gear, 4500rpms, 114-120mph
tr6060 6 speed
650 hp
16-18PSI

im a little dusty, havnt been to the track since february. but my times were less than impressive. in feb i was running 3 tenths faster, 150 HP less but with only a 26" tall tire......still at 115-120 mph or so.

my launches were horrible as i was leaving the line on the WOT box with way too much boost......but with the turbo i should have been able to make up for it on the top end rather easy.......

my slips all indicate that the top end is just not going anywhere.....the car pulls hard as hell. i should be low 10's i would think.

when it comes to turbo,i always have heard, turbos like the lower gears....more load will help the boost........but in what ways?

with the 3.55's and 28" tires that puts me around 3.30 for gearing......

so id really like to try 3.73's......but what will the down side be since im turbo? it seems like its really the only other piece of the puzzle i have not addressed.

all my supercharger buddies run 4.10's and keep telling me to switch out the gears......but what do they know.....they are fags:boobies:.....i know its apple to oranges between s/c and turbo......but i cant really see what id loose by going to 3.73's.

learn me something....

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Something doesnt add up. I have the 6060, 3.55 gears, 28" tall tires and cross the 1/4 mile at the top of third at around 6800 rpms at 125mph.

Your mph is low and not sure why your going to 4th what rpm do you shift at?
Shifting to 4th and crossing at 4500rpms really means you didnt get to use the gear at all.

I got my nitto555r 305/40/18 to dead hook at 4-5 psi on the 2-step. But I had a tune issue with the larger compressor cover so it was stumbling throughout first gear so no new best et's for me.

That being said whenever my stock rear goes I will be putting in 4.10s and a truetrac, which will bring my gearing back down to what the 3.55s were like with the 3650.

With a 28" tall tire and the 6060s gearing the 3.55s are a little too tall for my liking. Makes 6th gear almost unusable unless im doing at least 70mph. Its always a balance of gear but yes the turbo favors slightly taller but its still a balance. I dont think 3.73 or 4.10s will be an issue with that tire and trans. Especialy since the 2 step will load up at the line, I only hold the 2 step for 2-3 seconds tops.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
well i had alot of different issues for sure at the line........im shifting at 6k.......

old set up on the WOT box it took alot longer to spool the turbo to get it to 4-5 psi.....new turbo,new piping.....the same amount of time, according to the data logging its spooling the 10+ psi......there is no doubt that the launches were terrible....

but to have decent power, i should have been able to make up for it on the top side alot better than i did.....this was the first time with the tr6060 at the track. my first run i was shifting at 6500rpm, with 114 mph....i was thinking maybe the hp was dropping off in the top part of the rpm range, so i dropped it down to 6k and picked up 5 mph.....i thought that was the ticket so i just kept it like that...

i only made 4 runs and was only able to datalog 2 of them before the battery died on my laptop.....

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha yeah never had the wot box on the old turbo. I try to stage first then wait and as soon as the other car stages I hit the 2 step and the ambers start, it build 4-5psi in no time then i take off. You could try not being on the 2 step as long and wait for the first amber to engage it and go, thats what Jason does and pulls 1.5-1.6 60fts running low 11s at 122-123mph at 8-9 lbs of boost no less lol

It does sound like your power is dropping off up top for some reason, have you had it on the dyno?

I shift at 6800rpms with rev limiter set at 7k at the track. I make power all the way there though and tq holds.

I really dont think gearing is your problem here per say, although i do think 3.55s are a little too tall for this 6060 28" tire setup.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
for some reason i was thinking the power curve was dropping off, but just looked at my dyno sheet and the power is still gaining......i cut 1.5's with the old set up and 26" tires....i know the launch just needs some seat time and work from me.....ive made a few timing changes in the tune since the dyno, but mostly just on the lower rpm ranges to help with driving on the street.....other difference since the dyno is the meth 50/50 kit. didnt run it on the dyno but i was running it on the track.....but i dont think that could kill power? its set for 8psi mainly to just keep the intake temps down.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Does it feel like it's pulling hard the whole way down ? My last time out using the WOT box my mph was around the same as yours. My last run I decided not to use the WOT box and it ran 124mph and felt much better. My WOT box also seems to act a little better after I flash it. Dunno what's up with it, but I'm highly suspect of it right now.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Does it feel like it's pulling hard the whole way down ? My last time out using the WOT box my mph was around the same as yours. My last run I decided not to use the WOT box and it ran 124mph and felt much better. My WOT box also seems to act a little better after I flash it. Dunno what's up with it, but I'm highly suspect of it right now.

im only using it at the line, not using it for shifting or else it makes loud sonic booms everytime i shift!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Turbo's seem to like the load more (no homo). My buddy that was out there yesterday had a turbo set up on his 04 and the car picked up when going from 3.73's to 3.31's on a 26" tire and I know several others with similiar results. I'd probably stay where you are personally Paul. Something else is going on. What were you IAT's out of curiousity? I figure even with the temps yesterday and if you were making the same amount of power that you did on Justin's dyno you'd be trapping closer to 130, and alittle more with the meth given your IAT's weren't super high and starting to pull timing. What was your 1/8th mile mph?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
timing was fine. iat's were 114-120.....

im going to reload a older tune and see if i can feel a diference.....maybe some of the changes i made did something that i didnt realize......i never drive it on the street at 16psi.

im going to just make a day of doing some datalogging, may even rent a dyno for a few hours. sucks i only got 2 logs yesterday.....

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
Can you post your datalogs?
What were you 60ft times?

I like the setup of tr6060, 3.55 and 28" tires, although I'm on bias-plys. I'm launching at 5500 on two-step at 16psi and pulling high 1.3's-low 1.4's. After I get a full cage I'll break into the 9's. I think you just need more seat time before making changes to the car.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Can you post your datalogs?
What were you 60ft times?

I like the setup of tr6060, 3.55 and 28" tires, although I'm on bias-plys. I'm launching at 5500 on two-step at 16psi and pulling high 1.3's-low 1.4's. After I get a full cage I'll break into the 9's. I think you just need more seat time before making changes to the car.

you could be 100% correct there.....

60's were 1.6-1.8 on all 4 runs......

tried to attach the datalogs....not sure what the trick is,lol

Last edited:

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
i'd try some 26's before going back into the rearend, just my 2 cents

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Your gearing is way too tall. You need a 4.10 final to make a TR6060 equivalent to a T3650 with 3.55s, then you put a tall tire on top of it.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Paul were you launching on slicks or DRs. What rpm and Boost , maybe I missed that part. I wouldn't change the gear just yet leave the 3.55s the problem is elsewhere. You said the IAT were 114 to 120 so it wasnt pulling any timing RIGHT? Check your datalog make sure timing stayed constant. If you were on slicks and tried to launch on 10 psi's thats a big problem NOT Enough.
The car will feel dead out the gate . Drs will run 5 mph FASTER if you can get it to leave just right. Slicks have to be hit hard out the gate they kill your power right out the gate. My car although not a stick gets 1.39 60ft times on DRs at 10 psi's and 4000k out the gate . On slicks however it goes 1.44 60ft at 4400 rpms and 14 psi's . I run a 3.27 rear gear with 28.0 tall DRs .

Pete

Back